Dell 3670 Desktop

Hi I bought a Dell PC last night from Currys and the overview from staff was very limited does anyone have a Dell and what are your thoughts please ?

generally they are fine for office use, but have gone down hill over the years in my opinion.

I personally would never recommend a Dell...

1 hour ago, HettsC said:

Hi I bought a Dell PC last night from Currys and the overview from staff was very limited does anyone have a Dell and what are your thoughts please ?

A lot of the staff at PC World/Currys are little more than box movers and over priced warranty sales people.

What did you buy the system to do?

What would you like to know about it?

I don't think they are bad systems but they are built to a price. A bit more information on the specs of yours and what you are hoping to use it for would help us to help you with and questions you have.

Hi thanks Zac , wanting to use it for browsing and office work, DELL Inspiron 3670 Intel® Core™ i3 Desktop PC - 1 TB HDD

Just wanting to know if Dell is a good brand , for me to keep or return before unboxed.. had to get another PC as my old tower is lower spec to take Win 10... which I don't want to do but it is what it is on that one.

looking at the link you provided, it will serve you for your requirements,  at a basic level. But is a little overpriced for what it is...

It will do what you mention but the 1TB hard drive will be mechanical, that will slow things down. For that kind of money I would have expected to see something like a 120GB SSD and the 1TB for storage. If you were to start buying an SSD to speed up the operating system, you might as well send it back and get something like Scans Ryzen 5 3400G system. I use that as an example, there will be plenty more in that price range. Main advantage with ones like the Scan one, the parts are all off the shelf, Dell tend to be bespoke and parts can be very expensive.

If it was me, I think I'd take it back and have a good look round. If you're feeling adventurous, ever thought of building your own?

Thank you guys for your advice

On 22/01/2020 at 21:08, zach said:

If it was me, I think I'd take it back and have a good look round

This.  A hundred times this.

That PC is rubbish and overpriced. I get the feeling you're paying for the shiny black case.