Qpr V Swfc

QPR V Sheffield wednesday

0                    1         ht

job done 2-1,so we are in the bag for the next round

Edited by bassett one

10 minutes ago, bassett one said:

job done 2-1,so we are in the bag for the next round

Not a polished performance ,but hey 5th round on the way.👍

Far from a classic for the neutral,Wednesday playing on the counter looking the better side,winning most 2nd balls and restricting a free scoring QPR,caught rangers cold and deservedly lead at HT.

Took about an hour for rangers first real effort on goal as the 2nd half followed the pattern of the first,but gradually rangers got into it following the first round of changes and the game finally got some momentum,fine ball from Nuhiu to Reach whose cross was inch perfect for Winnall to slip home looked to make the game safe  for over 3000 travelling Owls,only for Cammy to slip up and hand QPR a route back into the game in stoppage time,but we held on after a scare from the corner and the better side on the night progressed.

Complete reversal of the Hillsbro game early season,where qpr had played us on the counter and did the same job!

Far from the dullest game of the season Ive seen so far that award would go to to utd at Everton,that was the worst game of football I think ive seen all season,dont think utd came over the halfway line untill WELL into the 2nd half LOL!

Edited by staninoodle

26 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

That's weird, I dont remember us scoring from our own half of the pitch!???! 😂

Joking apart, it was a tentative game that one and it was far from attractive for the neutral. I think wilder said it himself after the game, we were much better against Leicester and Southampton and got nothing from them. Therefore; a little smash and grab away at Everton was a welcome result.

Probably our least creative game of the season that call so valid call.

Own goal from Mina in the 40th minute from a ball in from a corner. I assume he just felt like giving us a head start, and one of their lads must have taken the corner for them. 😂 

I'll take boring 2-0 wins away to the likes of Everton any day! 

Edited by Moistened

On 24/01/2020 at 22:13, cmonkes said:

Watched it and genuinely thought it to be dismal, paint dry, sort of game. On paper I thought it had to makings of a decent game, QPR are capable of banging a few in and Wednesday always needed to bounce back from that Blackburm game.

Whether an own goal or off the refs backside, only one thing matters overall....and that is who goes into the pot for the next round. You lot are and I take my hat off to you.

When you have a blip and still manage to win 2 nowt away to Everton,you know youve very little to worry about!

Just seen QPR goal,  what a howler from Dawson..

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Just seen QPR goal,  what a howler from Dawson..

It was but was very, very late in the game, he's played well prior to that.