Sign in to follow this  

What Problems Could This Missing Module Cause?

I have ended up with this on my screen after every boot up. At the moment I am not aware of anything not working. However, it creates the impression to me that    something   is not right?
https://ibb.co/zbd8wJr

eed_ec.dll file is part of the Samsung printer driver known as the Samsung Easy Eco Driver.

Remove all traces of Samsung printers, from everywhere, should get rid of that....

Also, I would update to Windows 10 from 7 asap!

I use a Samsung printer, and I am on win 10. Your observations have me concerned now that something has happened.

13 minutes ago, Janus said:

I use a Samsung printer, and I am on win 10. Your observations have me concerned now that something has happened.

Ok, Reinstall the Printer driver and software (or remove it, and install the latest one, downloaded from the website)

And if you are on Windows 10 then that's fine, the background looks like the one on Windows 7 is all :)

1 hour ago, Ghozer said:

And if you are on Windows 10 then that's fine, the background looks like the one on Windows 7 is all 

This is part of what concerns me. 

I got the latest update from win10, but something was not right coincidence or otherwise. 

I decided to take it back to a restore point, what could possibly go wrong? Well, maybe  it has restored the pc back to win7 ? 

Edited by Janus

35 minutes ago, Janus said:

This is part of what concerns me. 

I got the latest update from win10, but something was not right coincidence or otherwise. 

I decided to take it back to a restore point, what could possibly go wrong? Well, maybe  it has restored the pc back to win7 ? 

That is a possibility.... 

click start, type "winver" (no quotes). it will tell you the windows version etc...

once you know if you are actually on 7 or 10, then you can proceed to try and fix the printer driver issue, by reinstalling the correct one...

Thanks. 

I have the driver disc that came with the Samsung  printer.  

Took the pc to be  checked out this         afternoon.  I will get w10 reinstalled if necessary. 

Edited by Janus
Typo

Download the latest drivers from the website, the CD will be old versions.

I may have to do that if the orginal drivers are no longer adequate to run the printer.

Just do it anyway, later versions usually fix bugs and sometimes provide more features :)