Blades V City

Another chapter of football, against one of the finest clubs in the world....in the finest league in the world!

We were far from disgraced in the first game between the two teams a couple of weeks ago, but City walked out 2-0 winners after clinical finishing. Our performance brought complimentary comments from Pep, as he hailed Wilder for the way that we play football.

Today I expect a similar performance from the blades and by this is mean, confident, positive and fearless. We are always going to be the underdogs against a team of City's stature, but they doesn't mean we have to bow down to them and hand them three points on a plate. 

If we get nothing from the game, then do be it....all I ask is that we battle and remain the competitive. Not one team in this league has shown us up yet and we've been competitive in every single game, you could well argue that we deserve something from every single game!

I would like to see at least one change in this one. For me, Lundstram's legs need a rest and a very dogged and talent Besic needs to take his place....Every time that Besic has come on the pitch, he has impressed hugely, including previously against City....which was probably his best game in a blades shirt!

I'm not totally sure who he will start up top? Mousset finally looked a bit tired last time out, but I think he has more to give and this game would bring the best out of him. He was very unlucky to see him goal ruled out by VAR in the last game and he caused them a whole range of problems. I just wonder whether a very lively Robinson would be a more suitable partner for this one, with his pacey runs and trickery coming in from behind.....??

Either way.....I'm more than looking forward to it.

They have every chance of at least a draw with a bit of luck.

There's a new video available - Pep talking about us prior to tonight's game.

He says that as a manager he is always looking to learn from others and the Blades style of play has taught him more than any other this season.

Highly complimentary from a guy who has managed Barcelona, Bayern Munich and now Manchester City. 

It's breathtaking to see how far we have come. 

Tough game tonight guys,

Blades will certainly give it their all, trouble is they can't seem to find the back of the net, so a nailed on 2-0 to City..

But hey ho who cares, Premiership survival all but secure.

Man City seem to be quite unpredictable this season, they have lost to lesser teams than United and in other games showed why they're one of the best teams in the world, for me it's difficult to predict but we should be aiming for the win on this one and settling for a draw. The weird part is that if City bring their A game tonight we're going to really struggle, perhaps the tactic would be to hit them early and as hard as we can to maybe try and knock them off any game? God knows. 

We might not see much of the ball tonight. Needs an incredibly disciplined performance from everyone.

good luck tonight,i'll be rooting for the blades !!!

I’ll be happy if we play as well as we did at their place a couple of weeks ago 

My grandad said to me, when facing a much better stronger opponent that it was better to try your best, even if it meant taking a real beating 

Not sure I agreed with him on that point

Will United try their best but take a proper beating this evening? 

Edited by rogets

Grew into that first half and finished the better side.

What I love most about these fancy dandies, is that when they can't get through our back four.......they get frustrated and heads drop. i have no doubt that City will come out second half rejuvenated and they will throw everything at us. It is important that we weather it and continue as we were first half, because City will pressure and we need to stay attacking minded. We have every opportunity on the counter attack and Billy and Ollie's hold up play is working a treat. 

The cards worry me, as I can see a sending off in this game....with how that first half panned out. Besic's yellow was early and stupid, Norwood took one for the team....flecks was a bit of a late one on that nasty piece of work Fernandinho. You ought to see him off the ball, he pushes, grabs and literally manhandles. How the hell he gets away with it is beyond me? If I was wilder, I would be telling the front two to lean in on Fernandinho and to let him get himself sent off. He's a hot head and doesn't like how our players are matching and getting the better of him. 

If we keep 11 players on the pitch and if we stay disciplined at the back, we will get something out of this game. I wouldn't write us off just yet, we are creating plenty....we just need to be a bit more clinical in the final third of the pitch. 

We've matched this lot all over the pitch, we don't have to be scared of them! Just keep our nuts on the game!

Well done Sheffield United again, the absolute pride of this city!

We didn't get anything from the game, but we executed ourselves with pride! The football world are applauding us for all of the right reasons and we go toe to toe, with the best in the world....and we match them all over the pitch!

Yet to be dominated or humiliated in the finest league in the world.  Frustrating top teams, managers and players week after week, confidently going at them and throwing them off their game. 

Another game where you can genuinely say the we could have taken something from it. We found ourselves lucky with the penalty save, but we weathered the storm and tried to create our own chances. We should have hit the back of the net, it has to be said!

Please, please, please invest in the right areas this window. We sure as hell aren't going down, so let's build on it and see just how far we can go this season.

Not quite good enough at the end of the day. Again though, we've given a game against a world class side. 

We keep improving our squad and learn from games like this and who knows what we can achieve? 

UTB!