Cyclists Wearing All Black And Riding Black Bikes

14 hours ago, Runningman said:

Hi Chaddamp, Runningman here !

Are you asking me or some one else on this thread ?

Some runners/joggers even wear lights these days!

1 hour ago, Navio said:

Try living in the Peaks , you will see multiples abreast every weekend 

2 abreast is common, I have never seen 4 abreast.

17 hours ago, Runningman said:

Hi Chaddamp, Runningman here !

Are you asking me or some one else on this thread ?

hi everyone really,he was a good friend who is no longer with us,passed away last May

If its during daylight hours then a motorist should be able to see a cyclist no matter what they're wearing. If the motorist isn't looking then it doesn't matter what they're wearing or how many lights they've got on. If high viz worked then it'd mandated for all vehicles and drivers. This discussion is just about shifting responsibility away from the motorist.

I've never seen this either and I'm a driver, whether at peak time, early mornings (6am early), late evenings, I've never seen this. Cyclists I've seen always have had hi-vis, even the one that went through 3 sets of red lights going through Woodseats down into Heeley at 6:30am. Although that's just a particular idiot and not a general having a go at cyclists because as with drivers there are good and bad :)

Not round my way.  I see plenty wearing dark clothing on bikes with no lights or reflectors.  Its mainly blue collar workers leaving the docks or factories.

Seen one myself tonight. Black bike, black clothes, black helmet, one small red rear reflector under his seat, no lights or anything else to make him visible. 

I see three most mornings, all dressed in black, one well lit up, one with no back light  just reflectors on the pedals and  a front  light and one with lights front and back but she has mounted the rear light on the seat stem and put a massive great mudguard on that covers it and makes it impossible to see till you are about 10 feet behind her.

We're all having a good old chunter about all these invisible cyclists we've seen.

And yes, I've seen them too.

It's almost as if we can see things, if we look.

(I'm usually lit up like a Christmas tree when I'm cycling, I still get drivers whose behaviour can only be explained by the assumption that they didn't see me - Facebook being more important than looking where they're going)