Cyclists Wearing All Black And Riding Black Bikes

Please discuss the title.

As a cyclist for 60 years and one who always tries to make myself visible, this trend don't half annoy me !!

They have clearly no consideration for their own and other people's safety.

40 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Please discuss the title.

As a cyclist for 60 years and one who always tries to make myself visible, this trend don't half annoy me !!

Especially the moron around here who doesn't have any lights either, and so insists on using the pavement when he can!

Wait till one of them gets killed and then this forum will be full of posts blaming the motorist, and if the cyclist kills a pedestrian it will of course be the pedestrians fault

As a regular plodding commuter cyclist kitted out with lights and hi-viz, I've often noticed this phenomenon, and quite puzzled by it all. They seem to be what I call the  'Proper Cyclist' types. The really fit ones who are out at weekends, riding 4 abreast on their £5k bikes in all the lycra etc. They can also be seen at rush hour, weaving at high speed through the standing traffic, no lights and all in black usually.  I suppose they must know what they're doing though, never seem to see any of em coming a cropper.

They do this purposely not to be seen, don't ask me how I know but they're peddling alright.

28 minutes ago, Magneteer said:

As a regular plodding commuter cyclist kitted out with lights and hi-viz, I've often noticed this phenomenon, and quite puzzled by it all. They seem to be what I call the  'Proper Cyclist' types. The really fit ones who are out at weekends, riding 4 abreast on their £5k bikes in all the lycra etc. They can also be seen at rush hour, weaving at high speed through the standing traffic, no lights and all in black usually.  I suppose they must know what they're doing though, never seem to see any of em coming a cropper.

I commute pretty much daily by bike and have yet to see all these black clad cyclists with no lights weaving through traffic. 

I never see them out riding 4 abreast either, and I'm out most every weekend in the Peaks.

Edited by Bargepole23

5 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

did you know David Howgate?

Hi Chaddamp, Runningman here !

Are you asking me or some one else on this thread ?

11 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I commute pretty much daily by bike and have yet to see all these black clad cyclists with no lights weaving through traffic. 

I never see them out riding 4 abreast either, and I'm out most every weekend in the Peaks.

Same here, just another cycling exaggeration from non cycling air polluting wildlife killing car driver.

by the way I also drive to

Try living in the Peaks , you will see multiples abreast every weekend 

2 minutes ago, Navio said:

Try living in the Peaks , you will see multiples abreast every weekend 

There you have it......the definitive answer.