Caught By Speed Camera

Although this will invite numerous protestations of innocence,I don’t know anyone who drives around the country who has never had a speeding offence.

I have had half a dozen in 50 years of driving ,all for between 34 and 38mph in a 30 limit.

They are avoidable if you are driving in an area known to you,but easy to transgress when you are driving around the country in a strange area.

Just pay the fine or course fee and don’t fret about it.

On 20/01/2020 at 07:03, Albert the Cat said:

If you're insured by Admiral and its related companies for example, it won't make a difference between doing a course or taking three points because they ask if you have taken a speed awareness course. 

Forgot to add, if you don't get the letter notifying you of a speeding offence in 2 weeks, it doesn't count. 

However you can respond with "I decline to answer". They cannot take that as a positive or negative response so it nullifies the question. 

On 20/01/2020 at 13:10, RJRB said:

Although this will invite numerous protestations of innocence,I don’t know anyone who drives around the country who has never had a speeding offence.

I have had half a dozen in 50 years of driving ,all for between 34 and 38mph in a 30 limit.

They are avoidable if you are driving in an area known to you,but easy to transgress when you are driving around the country in a strange area.

Just pay the fine or course fee and don’t fret about it.

I have never had a driving offence. It's not hard. 

19 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Me neither,  over 56 years.......unlike my wife !

13 hours ago, Resident said:

However you can respond with "I decline to answer". They cannot take that as a positive or negative response so it nullifies the question. 

Then they could refuse to insure. After that, whenever you are asked the question, "Have you ever been declined insurance" what then?

Hard to win with insurance companies. 

54 minutes ago, Mossway said:

Me neither,  over 56 years.......unlike my wife !

I will put you forward for an O.B.E you must be one in a few million 

3 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Until you get one.

Your comment suggests that you have never exceeded a speed limit.

I think it’s more believable that you have never been caught exceeding a speed limit.

Edited by RJRB

11 hours ago, kidley said:

I will put you forward for an O.B.E you must be one in a few million 

LOL. I daren't post, tempting fate. I have been driving since 1983. For almost a decade I did on average 4000 mile a month as a rep. I have never had a parking ticket or speeding fine, no points on my licence for anything. I must admit it is so easy to speed at 30 miles an hour, especially in unfamiliar places when looking for somewhere. Setting the cruise control is essential but I didn't have it in all my cars. 

Edited by Chez2

13 hours ago, Janus said:

Then they could refuse to insure. After that, whenever you are asked the question, "Have you ever been declined insurance" what then?

Especially as an SP30 might not even affect your premium.

Getting caught at faster speeds might though.

On 22/01/2020 at 20:38, Janus said:

I know someone who attended a speed awareness course of his own volition. 

Answering that question is detrimental to him. 

On 23/01/2020 at 08:43, Chez2 said:

LOL. I daren't post, tempting fate. I have been driving since 1983. For almost a decade I did on average 4000 mile a month as a rep. I have never had a parking ticket or speeding fine, no points on my licence for anything. I must admit it is so easy to speed at 30 miles an hour, especially in unfamiliar places when looking for somewhere. Setting the cruise control is essential but I didn't have it in all my cars. 

Me too. I'm not sure it's as rare as people make out.

I bought a scooter and racked up 9 points in 2 weeks having never had any points for 35 years in my car.

Got kind of carried away on that thing, never had any since