Caught By Speed Camera

Hello, I’m wondering if anyone could advise me. I got flashed by a speed camera in the early hours of this morning. I was driving in an emergency to the hospital from a friends house and I was either doing 36 or 38 mph in a 30mph zone. This is my first speeding offence and wondering if anyone can advise me on what will happen? I’m aware I shouldn’t of been speeding but I’m extremely worried and I can’t get it off my mind!! 

Edited by rachelh93
Mis type

Youll get a letter giving you a choice between taking 3 points, a speed awareness course (costs about £100 if memory serves), or go to court. 

Nothing to worry about, Rachel.

At the very worst, you will get a £100 fine and three points. 

More likely, you’ll be offered a speed awareness course, which will also cost about £100, but you’ll avoid the points.

I do hope that your emergency sorted itself out. Try not to worry about the speed camera, it is done now and the consequences really aren’t that serious.

Do the course offered  pay £100 and keep a clean license or as previously said  other wise it will cost  £100  and  still get 3 points put on your license.  :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Do the course offered  pay £100 and keep a clean license or as previously said  other wise it will cost  £100  and  still get 3 points put on your license.  :thumbsup:

Do the course and no points...if it's offered.

Thank you everyone! You’ve made me feel slightly better. I really hope I am offered the speed awareness course instead of points as I’d really like to keep a clean driving license! Fingers crossed!! 

Im sure you will be offered it .  :thumbsup:

YOURE WORSE THAN HITLER!!!!

SPEED KILLS!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!

Phew, feel better now thats out of my system.

I got flashed once and like you it was during an emergency. I fretted for over a month before I plucked up the courage to make some enquiries as to how long it would take for me dreaded NIP to come through the post.  The really helpful lady told me I was in the clear as I had to be notified within two weeks so no fine and a load of worry about nothing. She also told me that a surprising number of flashes result in absolutely nothing being sent out. She wouldnt tell me the locations of the cameras that give these false flashes though 😞 

Finger crossed youll get nothing through the post but as some have said you could be offered a speed awareness thingy although I do hear this depends on previous driving record, how long you have had your license and some other factors but I cant be 100% on this as like I say its just what ive been told.

Good luck and I hope your sorted your emergency out.

If you're insured by Admiral and its related companies for example, it won't make a difference between doing a course or taking three points because they ask if you have taken a speed awareness course. 

Forgot to add, if you don't get the letter notifying you of a speeding offence in 2 weeks, it doesn't count. 

Edited by Albert the Cat

2 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

If you're insured by Admiral and its related companies for example, it won't make a difference between doing a course or taking three points because they ask if you have taken a speed awareness course. 

Forgot to add, if you don't get the letter notifying you of a speeding offence in 2 weeks, it doesn't count. 

It might make a difference to an employer if she needs a clean licence for her job. Be glass half full not half empty. 

Try not to worry,it happened to me too and nothing came of it x