Sheffield University's Micro Aggression Police

OMG. Someone at work asked if I like sushi. I didn't realise they were being racially discriminating. 

I thought they were trying to organise a work's dinner do and trying to decide a menu 🙄

1 hour ago, Resident said:

OMG. Someone at work asked if I like sushi. I didn't realise they were being racially discriminating. 

I thought they were trying to organise a work's dinner do and trying to decide a menu 🙄

I'm yet to hear "why are you frying a banana" though

2 hours ago, geared said:

I'm yet to hear "why are you frying a banana" though

Well I would answer "because I love banana fritters".

I'm  beginning  to wonder if this countrys  gone mad, surely they don't  go off like this in sensible countries.

More boring news not applicable in the real world. Strangely enough I have asked my friend about Plantain before when I saw him cooking it and would you believe it we're still friends! You'll find people generally don't care about people questioning their cultures, in fact a lot of people will enjoy educating you on it. It's if you begin to criticise where it becomes an issue. 

According to this I’ve been guilty of/subjected to subtle racism most of my life as I and friends and acquaintances have asked each other about our beliefs, customs and practices. How can  seeking information and understanding be seen as racist? I was once asked why I eat Yorkshire pudding and was stumped!