Food To Order from a supermarket (Help!)

I am having my birthday party  and I need to order the food as soon as possible.  I want to do a buffet with the "food to order" service from a supermarket. 

I wonder if somebody has any comments about any supermarket food to order service. 

I have  been checking M&S, Waitrose and Morrison Food to order service, but I would like a personal opinion. 

Have you done this before? Which supermarket did you use it?  How was the presentation?

Any comments would be really appreciate. 

Hi, I have never ordered from a supermarket but have used caterers in the past which have worked out very expensive.  Over the past few years I have done my own buffets which are much cheaper and you can choose what you want.  I know a lot places have set ingredients which some people dont like.  It does take time to prepare everything but it's worth it in the end due to cost.  I also go to the Parkway market and buy the proper catering trays which are really cheap and can be reused.  The trays help with making it look like a professional job!  I have always had good feedback.  Not sure if this could be an option for you but it works for me.

Edited by katekate

Costco do nice platters.

Never tried supermarket.

I've had Sainsbury's before at a family gathering I was invited to and it was very nice.

If you're near Dronfield ,contact Butlers the bakers,they do a fabulous buffet service to suit your needs!! All their own baked products,bread cakes pies etc are delicious .

I’ve used Morrison’s several times for small parties. Always been tasty food presented well. 

I have also been to a couple of parties that have ordered food from marks and spencer.  Again, tasty food that is well presented. 

On 18/01/2020 at 12:47, Stranza said:

Costco do nice platters.

Never tried supermarket.

The food is inedible.

I'm a Costco "Executive Member" btw.  So I spend a lot of money there each year.  But would I recommend their food?  Not likely!  It's really terrible!

Guest makapaka
22 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

The food is inedible.

I'm a Costco "Executive Member" btw.  So I spend a lot of money there each year.  But would I recommend their food?  Not likely!  It's really terrible!

It’s not - at all. 

you can get better - but then if you wanted to - you wouldn’t go to Costco for it would you.

its decent for the price charged.