Bum Pain

Thanks all.

So, I applied some Voltarol last night, and used a hot water bottle at times for heat. Woke up this morning and the pain has practically all gone, and mobility is good.

Just hope it was muscular, and not something likely to keep coming back. Didn’t run today, just went for a short walk.

Glad you are feeling better.  I hope it's just muscular too.  Don't overdo things just yet.

On 19/01/2020 at 15:10, Waldo said:

Thanks all.

So, I applied some Voltarol last night, and used a hot water bottle at times for heat. Woke up this morning and the pain has practically all gone, and mobility is good.

Just hope it was muscular, and not something likely to keep coming back. Didn’t run today, just went for a short walk.

You are doing everything correctly. A couple of paracetamol won’t hurt either.

Thank you Lex Luther, Pattricia, Mr Fisk, everyone.

I did a short run this morning, and it doesn't seem to have had any adverse effect. I can still feel there's something not quite right though. Probably wise to not push it, just do some easy pace shorter runs for a while. May go for a few swims as well, loosen up etc. :)

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I did a short run this morning, and it doesn't seem to have had any adverse effect. I can still feel there's something not quite right though. Probably wise to not push it, just do some easy pace shorter runs for a while. May go for a few swims as well, loosen up etc. :)

Give it another week and if it’s no better I would go to your GPs for an examination. Rest well and don’t do too much excercise. Remember, you can sleep yourself better.! 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Waldo,

I recommend resting a bit, no running as tempting as it may seem.

Agree with the swimming- it sounds like a strain/ pulled muscle so stretching will help.

Also Ibuprofen will help with any inflammation so try that. May take you a few weeks to get back to normal if it's a gluteal strain.

If it last any length of time,and doesn't yield to any of the remedies 

written on here. It's not my intention to alarm you,but get yourself along to your GP-and insist on an appointment soon. Get a thorough 

examination of the area.

Definitely don't Google it. Get a diagnosis from you GP.

Hope everything turns out OK .

On 20/01/2020 at 17:09, Mr Fisk said:

Waldo,

I recommend resting a bit, no running as tempting as it may seem.

Agree with the swimming- it sounds like a strain/ pulled muscle so stretching will help.

Also Ibuprofen will help with any inflammation so try that. May take you a few weeks to get back to normal if it's a gluteal strain.

Totally agree with this.

On 18/01/2020 at 11:12, Halibut said:

No, don't. He's got better things to do. Wait for a bit and it'll stop hurting.

" He " 

2 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

" He " 

Or she.🙄

Just now, Halibut said:

Or she.🙄

Interesting. 

Just now, Ridgewalk said:

Interesting. 

Really?