Purdys Diy Open Real Ale Pub

I’m looking forward to visiting this place when I popped my head inside a few days ago it looks tremendous inside, I believe it’s opening opening on Friday 17 January 2020

its located next door to their shop at the bottom of Woodhouse mill the pub is called the ox bow.

Edited by allwednesday
Missing information

mi mate posted about this on facebook the other day, had to view google maps on their website to find exactly where it is (not having lived in sheffield since 93) as soon as i saw Purdys i knew

16 minutes ago, bassett one said:

if i remember it was a reasonable sized building

its only a micro pub, must be this one? cutting mill? 

6 hours ago, melthebell said:

its only a micro pub, must be this one? cutting mill? 

Its the building to the right of Cutting Mill with the white window, obviously its changed since this photo was taken, not been in yet but I will be doing.

Edited by Brooker11

2 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Its the building to the right of Cutting Mill with the white window, obviously its changed since this photo was taken, not been in yet but I will be doing.

ah i was thinking maybe, by the way whats over the road these days, back in the day it was just fields (and the princess royal) once got chased by the sheep in the field after picking up a lamb and we had to climb a pylon lol

Also those few houses on the other side of the road, a bit up, remember going to one which was mi mates cousins, she was a goth...i was a punk, first time i ever heard the band Play dead

Edited by melthebell

Just now, melthebell said:

ah i was thinking cos it had a door in the front, the one to the right didnt

The windows been taken out and a proper black shopfront put in, it looks nice inside (quite small), i'll try it in the next week or so.

18 hours ago, melthebell said:

ah i was thinking maybe, by the way whats over the road these days, back in the day it was just fields (and the princess royal) once got chased by the sheep in the field after picking up a lamb and we had to climb a pylon lol

Also those few houses on the other side of the road, a bit up, remember going to one which was mi mates cousins, she was a goth...i was a punk, first time i ever heard the band Play dead

Yes virtually next door to the diy shop

Just now, allwednesday said:

On 17/01/2020 at 16:03, bassett one said:

if i remember it was a reasonable sized building

Not massive but reasonable size.

11 minutes ago, allwednesday said:

Not massive but reasonable size.

Bigger than the one that was in town, in the bogs at the side of the old town hall?

I'm going to try it later on, just down the road from our house , hope it's as good as anticipated will let you know. Although i'm not a real ale drinker more white wine and cocktails  🙂

Edited by rachelmum
Spelling error

Went in last night for a couple of drinks. It was very busy and noisy, we were lucky in that we got seats near the door as most were standing or on barstools. I thought it was interesting,  but too busy to be comfortable and more town prices than local prices. Hopefully in a couple of weeks when people have been for a look it will be more of an enjoyable experience. 

3 hours ago, rachelmum said:

Went in last night for a couple of drinks. It was very busy and noisy, we were lucky in that we got seats near the door as most were standing or on barstools. I thought it was interesting,  but too busy to be comfortable and more town prices than local prices. Hopefully in a couple of weeks when people have been for a look it will be more of an enjoyable experience. 

Yes Its going to be rather busy at first I should settle down though .