Sign in to follow this  

Peanut Butter Taste

Okay so every time i eat wether its from simple foods or to a full course meal, i always get the hint taste of peanut butter...what causes that and to remind you i don't eat anything with peanut butter let alone peanut butter by itself and its like that with all drinks as well??

If you don't eat anything with peanut butter how do you know all your food and drink tastes like peanut butter?

I often say food doesn’t taste as nice as it use to be, but as we age our taste buds start to decrease and the rest begins to shrink so that can effect our ability to distinguish different tastes.  Medication can also effect your taste buds.  

A friend of mine says she can’t taste food at all but it doesn’t stop her from over eating.  

8 hours ago, hauxwell said:

A friend of mine says she can’t taste food at all but it doesn’t stop her from over eating.  

Maybe that's part of the problem?  She may be over eating because she's trying to get the satisfaction that she used to from food.  Tiredness is also a major cause of over eating.

Edited by Lex Luthor

4 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Maybe that's part of the problem?  She may be over eating because she's trying to get the satisfaction that she used to from food.  Tiredness is also a major cause of over eating.

Tiredness might cause her to eat more because she does feel tired quite a lot, I’m not sure about the food satisfaction though. 

She did have most of her thyroid removed over 20 years ago.  Before she had  her thyroid operation and for a long time after the operation she was  six stone over weight.  However she has managed to lose 4 stone, but she struggles to keep the weight off.  She says it is harder for her to lose weight and maintain her weight loss because of having most of her thyroid removed and she is on medication for it, but she does overeat when she is stressed. 

17 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Tiredness might cause her to eat more because she does feel tired quite a lot, I’m not sure about the food satisfaction though. 

She did have most of her thyroid removed over 20 years ago.  Before she had  her thyroid operation and for a long time after the operation she was  six stone over weight.  However she has managed to lose 4 stone, but she struggles to keep the weight off.  She says it is harder for her to lose weight and maintain her weight loss because of having most of her thyroid removed and she is on medication for it, but she does overeat when she is stressed. 

That sounds tough.  It's helpful though that she recognises what is contributing to her over-eating.  If she could find something else to distract herself when she is stressed, that might help.  Especially something that would occupy her hands as well as her thoughts, like knitting, cross-stitch, puzzles, etc, if she felt able to go for a walk, that would help enormously, on many levels.

6 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

That sounds tough.  It's helpful though that she recognises what is contributing to her over-eating.  If she could find something else to distract herself when she is stressed, that might help.  Especially something that would occupy her hands as well as her thoughts, like knitting, cross-stitch, puzzles, etc, if she felt able to go for a walk, that would help enormously, on many levels.

Thank you.  I’ll pass the information on.