Jump to content

Strange Pain In My Wrist/Arm


Recommended Posts

I woke up the other day and for no apparent reason I have a pain in my thumb knuckle. I can move it ok in some directions but if (for example) i try to thumbs up I get a painful click in the knuckle which travels up my arm about 6" and I feel a click there too.

There are no bruises, I haven't knocked or banged it in any way its just come from no where? Someone said it sounds like arthritis (sp?) ,can anyone here say it it does indeed sound like arthritis?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep that's Arthritis, I have it in my fingers, knee's and back

my fingers are starting to twist with small hard lumps growing

on my knuckles, Doctor told me nothing much they can do, wet

and cold weather does not help but a hot water bottle on my back at

night in bed does help.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does sound like arthritis, I have it in thumbs and one foot. Another thought, do you wear a fitbit? I wore one and the pain in my thumb, hand and wrist was really bad. I swapped wrist the pain was relieved but was bad on other hand. stopped wearing it anymore, no pain, just clicks in thumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Welcome to the club bob , it sounds like arthritis, both my thumbs lock occasionally. Its worse in winter but part of getting older, anti inflammation creams give some relief .

Its always nice to be part of a club, but this one?? Im 45 😂

Well Ive got the grey hair, man boobs and a limp so I guess arthritis was always on the cards .

Id better book in with the GP then.

A big thanks for your reply but please, next time can you bring me good news? lol

9 hours ago, Fiat500 said:

Does sound like arthritis, I have it in thumbs and one foot. Another thought, do you wear a fitbit? I wore one and the pain in my thumb, hand and wrist was really bad. I swapped wrist the pain was relieved but was bad on other hand. stopped wearing it anymore, no pain, just clicks in thumb.

Cheers for the reply mate. No I dont wear a fitbit, maybe if someone brings out a fatbit id get one as that's way more my style. I come from a family of fitness freaks and im defo the odd one out haha.

 

9 hours ago, MEC176 said:

Yep that's Arthritis, I have it in my fingers, knee's and back

my fingers are starting to twist with small hard lumps growing

on my knuckles, Doctor told me nothing much they can do, wet

and cold weather does not help but a hot water bottle on my back at

night in bed does help.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for your reply mate.

That sounds painful, your fingers starting to twist I mean. So from what your saying is if it is Arthritis im pretty much stuck with it? Oh dear.

Well looking for the silver lining at least its not my left hand as im literality struggling to lift even a cup of coffee.

Thanks again for your replies everyone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Its always nice to be part of a club, but this one?? Im 45 😂

Well Ive got the grey hair, man boobs and a limp so I guess arthritis was always on the cards .

Id better book in with the GP then.

 

I wouldn't  bother, there's  not much they can do that you can't  do for yourself.

Pain relief  tablets give you side effects after long term use but heat treatment gives great relief. The bean bags that you put in the micro wave soon go cold but I love my hot water bottles.

Then along comes winter that gets all the joints hurting again. Always keep your your painful  joints warm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, sounds like arthritis. Had the same symptoms about two years ago. At first I thought I must have strained my hand around the thumb joint and I expected it to just go away. It didn't and my doctor referred me to Thornbury. I was stunned when the xrays were diagnosed as arthritis, thought I was far too young (56 at the time)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might not be arthritis!!! I’ve had random joint pain in the past but it mysteriously disappeared after living a healthier lifestyle; cutting right back on alcohol and exercising regularly. Eating oily fish sometimes and taking cod liver tablets seems too help too. If it doesn’t make any difference after a month or so, then go to the doctor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.