Greater Manchester Police/Child Sexual Abuse

A very harrowing story from the Manchester Evening News (not many of the Nationals are covering it unsurprisingly), confirms what many of us have thought for years.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/operation-augusta-gran-victoria-agoglia-17566256

Edited by Brooker11

Thats just tragic but so preventable and I would wager every penny I have that this is still going on right now all over the country.

One thing that does not help though is this "Asian" label they they keep using. Lets be clear, they mean Pakistani Muslim men. Its not racist or bigoted to say it, its just accurate and its time to stop this abuse and stop this smearing of an entire continent.

28 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Thats just tragic but so preventable and I would wager every penny I have that this is still going on right now all over the country.

One thing that does not help though is this "Asian" label they they keep using. Lets be clear, they mean Pakistani Muslim men. Its not racist or bigoted to say it, its just accurate and its time to stop this abuse and stop this smearing of an entire continent.

Someone needs to have the guts to stand up and highlight that this is a real issue, Sajid Javid promised an enquiry two years ago but it was the usual lip service/hot air.

The fact that children could be taken from care homes, drugged and then returned intoxicated after the perpetrators had abused them is absolutely staggering.

3 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Wouldnt it be better to say 'some Pakistani Muslim men' becasuse it's just accurate and its time to stop this abuse and to stop the smearing of an entire nationality and religion?

Edited by bendix

Also, is it racist or bigoted to say that 90% of those convicted of child sex abuse are white men and that white people comprise 87% of the population, meaning white people are disproportionately more likely to child sex offenders, than any other minority group?

3 minutes ago, bendix said:

Also, is it racist or bigoted to say that 90% of those convicted of child sex abuse are white men and that white people comprise 87% of the population, meaning white people are disproportionately more likely to child sex offenders, than any other minority group?

Have you get any examples of white gangs in the dock at the moment, there are at least four ongoing cases totalling about 50 Pakistani men right now?

Once again, just as in Rotherham & other areas where similar offences have been committed & the agencies & individuals tasked with looking after the vulnerable are now having to apologise, having been found out, are appearing to have done nothing for fear of being labelled racist. 

How long before the phrase, "Lessons will have to be learned" is trotted out? 

Edited by Baron99

theres 9 men on trial at sheff crown court now,for the same offences .and theres lots more trials coming up this year all over the place,no English sounding names though,has the English nonces seem to work on there own ,not in gangs, apart from the whitely brothers .

19 minutes ago, bendix said:

Wouldnt it be better to say 'some Pakistani Muslim men' becasuse it's just accurate and its time to stop this abuse and to stop the smearing of an entire nationality and religion?

Because that's the important bit right? I'm sure the victims have better descriptions for their abusers.

south Yorkshire police ignored victims aswell and probabley  most of the forces in the country,