Trying To Be Vegetarian But.

I am gonna eliminate any steak and sausage that cause you anxiety  

1 hour ago, jaffa1 said:

But then again we get the other side of the story where none meat eaters are doing their best stop others eating meat. What has it got to do with them, we should all eat what we want to eat without being dictated to.

They are very pushy, to the extent of beign quite annoying.

but I'm yet to have a Vegan try to physically ram food into my mouth.

What is wrong with people! Why can’t we all choose what we want to eat. I’m not a vegetarian but if I have a vegetarian coming to eat I’ll give them something suitable just as I would I’d avoid giving food they didn’t like/have an allergy to etc. If my friends and family were as disrespectful as those mentioned in the original post It wouldn’t be my food choice I would be questioning 

It’s a bit like not drinking alcohol- people feel you can’t be enjoying the occasion and are on a mission to convert you to their (normal!) ways rather than respect your decisions 

Just mention that you are vegetarian in every other sentence that you utter.

That will leave people in no doubt about how to feed you.

14 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Just mention that you are vegetarian in every other sentence that you utter.

That will leave people in no doubt about how to feed you.

Chip butties.

Does not eating meat affect your body?

Meats are rich in zinc - a nutrient known to maintain testosterone levels and boost fertility. ... A lack of red meat in the diet may be the reason for loss of libido?

I now eat more meat in the hope that it will increase my testosterone levels. I had a test that shows my levels were low, but with the 'normal' range.

30 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Does not eating meat affect your body?

Meats are rich in zinc - a nutrient known to maintain testosterone levels and boost fertility. ... A lack of red meat in the diet may be the reason for loss of libido?

I now eat more meat in the hope that it will increase my testosterone levels. I had a test that shows my levels were low, but with the 'normal' range.

That is a really poorly made point. Shouldn't you perhaps have looked into other sources of zinc and checked if vegetarian/vegan diets are deficient in it before implying you need to eat lots of red meat to gain the benefits you've described.

44 minutes ago, altus said:

That is a really poorly made point. Shouldn't you perhaps have looked into other sources of zinc and checked if vegetarian/vegan diets are deficient in it before implying you need to eat lots of red meat to gain the benefits you've described.

I am sure there are many food ingredients that affect human behaviour, just putting it on here for discussion.

Would a person that ate a lot of meat have a high testosterone level, I dont know. Maybe someone with experience of body building would know?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I am sure there are many food ingredients that affect human behaviour, just putting it on here for discussion.

Would a person that ate a lot of meat have a high testosterone level, I dont know. Maybe someone with experience of body building would know?

Why put it in a thread about vegetarianism rather where it is likely to get lost amongst the on topic posts rather than starting a new thread where it would be the sole topic of conversation? For a discussion about vegetarianism you seem to be suspiciously focused on red meat as a source of zinc, if you're that worried about it does it matter where the zinc comes from? Perhaps you should start a separate thread on zinc as a micro-nutrient.