Swfc V Blackburn

I've not said a word about the game since 4:50 yesterday. 

I agreed with the team selection as they'd done so well at Leeds, I wasn't too concerned with the first goal feeling we could bounce back, the sending off was ridiculous and wasn't the last time Blackburn players rolled around like they'd been shot, the second and third goals killed the game and the ref could have blown his whistle there and then.

Overall one of the most gutless performances Hillsborough has ever seen.

A response is needed.

Not to say the ref should be demoted, 23,000 can't be wrong. 

I despair. I've been busy for a few days, good job really cos I'd have been banned if I'd put my (then) thoughts in to words on here.

A day or two after the mauling, Mr Monk said 'The lads will learn from this, and we'll come back stronger'.

Well Mr Monk, if Professional footballers aged between (I don't know) 23 and 34 years of age need to learn from this game, then I stand gobsmacked!

My coaching knowledge (after 60 years of watching Wednesday ...... and some proper football) is next to non-existent, but I know quality when I see it, and I know effort and attitude when I see it. I've seen lots of effort a million times, and I've seen great attitudes from plenty of teams, from Southey Club to Maidstone to Liverpool. I learned the value of good attitudes when I was 5 years old. I was lucky enough to be pretty good at football when I was younger (Sheffield Boys and all that) and I've played with some very good young players. Effort and attitude and not a little skill was rife back then, defeat was out of the question, and we all ran our blood to watter to beat the other lot.

Mr Monk. Most of our players' attitudes are very poor. None of the players appear to be Wednesday fans, Wednesday supporters or slightly bothered whether Wednesday win, draw, lose, turn up, or break sweat.

That said, I'll make an exception for Nuhiu and Borner, who seem to have some feeling for the fans, if not the club.

I'll tell you what the players learned from the thrashing Mr Monk. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They knew before what lack of effort, attitude and intention brings. They knew what the outcome would be. They knew they were embarrassing. They glibly accepted the lesson, and the mauling going on around them, and did absolutely nothing to give themselves any pride, or the fans any hope.

It's happened numerous time with Wednesday sides .... it happens with all sides to be fair, but Wednesday, without doubt, have the worst case of 'couldn't give a stuff' in the entire League.

I'm ashamed of the performance. I'm ashamed of the players, and I'm almost ashamed to be a Wednesdayite.

The players, on the other hand, will be too busy looking how to spend their ill gotten wages, looking at which Bookmakers to throw their money at, and planning their next 'injury' to bother giving me, and the other supporters, the time of day.

We'll produce a good/great performance shortly, and we'll be hearing the 'We're all in this together' and 'We're on the verge of great things' and other such propaganda, and the hoards (!!!!) will be beaming, and singing about 'going up'.

Horrendous misuse of a football pitch, supporters time and supporters money.

WAWAW ?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

On 22/01/2020 at 11:47, Hotmale 1954 said:

I despair. I've been busy for a few days, good job really cos I'd have been banned if I'd put my (then) thoughts in to words on here.

A day or two after the mauling, Mr Monk said 'The lads will learn from this, and we'll come back stronger'.

Well Mr Monk, if Professional footballers aged between (I don't know) 23 and 34 years of age need to learn from this game, then I stand gobsmacked!

My coaching knowledge (after 60 years of watching Wednesday ...... and some proper football) is next to non-existent, but I know quality when I see it, and I know effort and attitude when I see it. I've seen lots of effort a million times, and I've seen great attitudes from plenty of teams, from Southey Club to Maidstone to Liverpool. I learned the value of good attitudes when I was 5 years old. I was lucky enough to be pretty good at football when I was younger (Sheffield Boys and all that) and I've played with some very good young players. Effort and attitude and not a little skill was rife back then, defeat was out of the question, and we all ran our blood to watter to beat the other lot.

Mr Monk. Most of our players' attitudes are very poor. None of the players appear to be Wednesday fans, Wednesday supporters or slightly bothered whether Wednesday win, draw, lose, turn up, or break sweat.

That said, I'll make an exception for Nuhiu and Borner, who seem to have some feeling for the fans, if not the club.

I'll tell you what the players learned from the thrashing Mr Monk. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They knew before what lack of effort, attitude and intention brings. They knew what the outcome would be. They knew they were embarrassing. They glibly accepted the lesson, and the mauling going on around them, and did absolutely nothing to give themselves any pride, or the fans any hope.

It's happened numerous time with Wednesday sides .... it happens with all sides to be fair, but Wednesday, without doubt, have the worst case of 'couldn't give a stuff' in the entire League.

I'm ashamed of the performance. I'm ashamed of the players, and I'm almost ashamed to be a Wednesdayite.

The players, on the other hand, will be too busy looking how to spend their ill gotten wages, looking at which Bookmakers to throw their money at, and planning their next 'injury' to bother giving me, and the other supporters, the time of day.

We'll produce a good/great performance shortly, and we'll be hearing the 'We're all in this together' and 'We're on the verge of great things' and other such propaganda, and the hoards (!!!!) will be beaming, and singing about 'going up'.

Horrendous misuse of a football pitch, supporters time and supporters money.

WAWAW ?

Usual great post Hots, can't elaborate on that, whats the answer ?.. their isn't one.... except a new squad of players..

This present bunch of non trier's is going no where..

I've always had a slight bias for the Owls, stems back to the 60s.. Bramall Lane one week (with a stupid cricket pitch on one side) then the following week, a visit to the Wembly of the north, what a joy, gazing up at them massive pylons, standing behind the goal on the kop, cheering on the Owls, just a distant memory now.

I don't know what Wilder does, or says to the players at S2 (and before that Northampton and Oxford) but whatever it is, he somehow makes the players become fans of that particular Club, and we all know what walls proper supporters would run through for their team. Maybe it's his recruitment team that finds and filters out the best attitudes? Maybe Wilder has some secret hypnotic effect? Maybe he surreptitiously hypnotises the players and staff during one to ones and on the training pitch? Maybe he's a threatening bully? Whatever he does at each club, it works. Cloughie had  it. Shankly had it. Paisley had it. Fergie had it. Ron Atkinson had it. That said, I still maintain that a Manager could be deaf, dumb and blind, and the players should still give 100% effort and quality everytime. And that's a geniune 100%, not the lack lustre attempts  some Managers and players seem to believe is full on.