2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Message added by nikki-red

We would recommend, without any hesitation, Whitecliffes Property Renovations for any building work. Eric and his team have just completed converting our former garage and store-room basement into a kitchen and dining area with a new set of stairs down from the original kitchen, which was turned into a rear entrance hall, and we could not be more pleased with the result. Eric managed the project from drawings we had made by our designer, Tom Faulkner, and was on top of everything all the way through, liaising with Tom and the buildings inspector on our behalf and making suggestions for modifications and additions that proved necessary or desirable. He and his team (Dale and Jack, Nigel and Owen, along with Nick and Richard for the electrics, and Isaac and Dave for the plumbing) could not have been more friendly and accommodating, and the standard of work is excellent, Dale even making some bespoke doors and cupboards to fit some non-standard openings and spaces. Furthermore they cheerfully worked through some appalling weather (which incidentally highlighted some roofing and guttering problems that they dealt with without fuss as the project went on), and as they installed the tanking and drainage system Dale and Jack in particular worked for a time in unbelievably muddy conditions caused by what seemed like the wettest Spring ever, without complaint. The team also did as much as they could so as not to leave us without even a washing machine when the Covid-19 lockdown suddenly forced work to stop at a critical point (a thank-you also to Martin here). All in all, they are a brilliant and skilled group of people who have made extra living space for us that if anything is even better than we imagined. A big thanks to everyone involved, including the office staff, who we never met but who were ever helpful via phone calls and emails, passing messages to Eric where appropriate. (Hello to Charlotte too!) Thanks again, everyone - from David and Janet

3 hours ago, DavidCNJ said:

We would recommend, without any hesitation, Whitecliffes Property Renovations for any building work. Eric and his team have just completed converting our former garage and store-room basement into a kitchen and dining area with a new set of stairs down from the original kitchen, which was turned into a rear entrance hall, and we could not be more pleased with the result. Eric managed the project from drawings we had made by our designer, Tom Faulkner, and was on top of everything all the way through, liaising with Tom and the buildings inspector on our behalf and making suggestions for modifications and additions that proved necessary or desirable. He and his team (Dale and Jack, Nigel and Owen, along with Nick and Richard for the electrics, and Isaac and Dave for the plumbing) could not have been more friendly and accommodating, and the standard of work is excellent, Dale even making some bespoke doors and cupboards to fit some non-standard openings and spaces. Furthermore they cheerfully worked through some appalling weather (which incidentally highlighted some roofing and guttering problems that they dealt with without fuss as the project went on), and as they installed the tanking and drainage system Dale and Jack in particular worked for a time in unbelievably muddy conditions caused by what seemed like the wettest Spring ever, without complaint. The team also did as much as they could so as not to leave us without even a washing machine when the Covid-19 lockdown suddenly forced work to stop at a critical point (a thank-you also to Martin here). All in all, they are a brilliant and skilled group of people who have made extra living space for us that if anything is even better than we imagined. A big thanks to everyone involved, including the office staff, who we never met but who were ever helpful via phone calls and emails, passing messages to Eric where appropriate. (Hello to Charlotte too!) Thanks again, everyone - from David and Janet

DavidCNJ _

We would like to thank you for your wonderful and heartfelt recommendation.
It has been a joy to undertake works in your home and we are thrilled to hear you are extremely happy with everything!
From the Whitecliffes Team.

Hi, wanna get a reliable recomnedation to build a wooden stair with rail from elevated external back door to garden. Only 3-5 steps required for the stair with width approx to an external door. 

Thanks.

Edited by jordan2

Hi,

I'm trying to get recommendations for a "man with a van" bloke to move a freestanding freezer from one address to another.

Size is roughly 150cm tall, and 60x60cm wide and deep.

It would need to be a 2 man job as I currently am unable to help with lifting.

Distance between the houses according to Google maps is 5 miles.

Hi all

I need my house re-doing on the oustide, I'm afraid I don't know anyone in the trade so am asking for recommendations by people that have had their Tyrolean finish redone! (I'm at Greenhill) 

Cheers, Biggsy 👍🙂

On 18/09/2020 at 11:20, jordan2 said:

Hi, wanna get a reliable recomnedation to build a wooden stair with rail from elevated external back door to garden. Only 3-5 steps required for the stair with width approx to an external door. 

Thanks.

You better getting one built  as no maintanance  also more chance of getting someone

Edited by spider1

Hi all, we want bi-folding doors installing in the back of our house. Currently we're having difficulty getting a builder to either reply with a quote, or find a window company that will do the building work for us. 

It's an older large stone house and the wall we want removing is a structural wall, so needs a lintel installing by someone who knows what they're doing.

The other concern is marrying the two up, I don't want a huge hole in the back of the house while I wait for the doors, I'm struggling to get an accurate estimate of the size of hole the builders will make, to order the doors, it's a real chicken and egg situation.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks,

Daniel and Ruth

Ideally you do need to create the structural opening before you measure for the doors, ideally you would need it cutting out and supporting then temporarily boarding up before you get it measured, unfortunately at the moment aluminium products are on quite a long lead time so you would be living with the boarding for a few weeks.

1. You are going down the wrong  route for this simple job /Bi fold doors noboby wants em expensive rubish .    Get some ordinary patio doors in keep it simple easy job  You can cut out opening then get a double glazing 
  2. comp make you a frame and fit 
Edited by spider1

4 hours ago, spider1 said:
  1. You are going down the wrong  route for this simple job /Bi fold doors noboby wants em expensive rubish .    Get some ordinary patio doors in keep it simple easy job  You can cut out opening then get a double glazing 
  2. comp make you a frame and fit 

I've got bi-folds and they are fantastic, they look good and are brilliant to throw open on warm days.

Yes cost twice as much as tripple glazed patio doors and first time they go  wrong you or  cant get parts or anyone to fix them .To much messing about opening and shutting 

Edited by spider1