2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Message added by nikki-red

Hello,

I'm looking for a reliable and well-recommended roofer to give me a quote for a complete roof refurbishment. I live in th S2 area of Sheffield and have contacted M&P Frank for a quote as they're local and always seem to have plenty of business. Can anyone recommend anyone else after doing a great job for you or family? 

Thanks in advance.

Wanted to share a recommendation. Our TV Aerial was a casualty of Storm Dennis  with water running down the inside of the coax cable (really!). Slater's Aerial Service came out promptly and sorted it for us. With new equipment installed we've gone from about 20 channels to 70.  Friendly, tidy and efficient service and good advice given.  

On 13/01/2020 at 23:46, Jim Hardie said:

I'm sure you could tackle the job yourself. The bricks you remove as you take down the arch are already weathered and could be reused to make good. 

Yes a very simple job but a bit labour intensive . If you live in S13  handsworth i could drop by give bit advice . EX builder bricklayer          The Spider 

Very carefull watch your feet ii could drop shove it over away from you when loose 

Edited by spider1

My upstairs bay is letting in water . I cannot identify if it's coming in through the rendering or if the old UPVC windows are faulty and maybe the seals are past their best.. Any advice on tradesmen welcome  please.

It is not the bay top nor is it condensation. I am looking for a tradesman recommendation from the  helpful people on this forum. 

Can anyone recommend a plasterer to do some remedial damp work? I have a job spec available.

23 hours ago, Sue H said:

Can anyone recommend a plasterer to do some remedial damp work? I have a job spec available.

Give Darren a ring on 07717 582880.  They did our kitchen plastering and they were great. Cheers. 

Can anyone offer recommendations for a gardening service who can top and face up a conifer hedge, obviously they must have a waste carriers licence.  

Stuart Fells 07969  436801.  He is good  and a proper gardener and landscaper.

20 hours ago, iansheff said:

Can anyone offer recommendations for a gardening service who can top and face up a conifer hedge, obviously they must have a waste carriers licence.  

Seems Jeff Smith's been a busy man recently judging by the number of posts mentioning him on here, but I'd just like to add that he's replaced our stairs, hall floor, ceiling and refitted a utility room for us over the last few weeks and we're delighted.  Fantastic result, and he's a really friendly, straightforward and trustworthy bloke too.  Extra thanks for getting everything done before my wife gave birth!!  He sourced plumbers, electricians, plasterers and decorators for us too, which was all massively helpful - and their work was of a very good standard too.  Highly recommended for joinery and for bigger jobs, his number is 07861 379796.