2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Message added by nikki-red

I have a gate to the side of my house which has a brick arch built above it.

I'm planning to have the gate replaced and I'm thinking I'd like to get rid of the brick arch beforehand.

I've done various jobs myself before now including bricking up a window however I'm a bit nervous about this as the arch is built into the corner of the garage and there are 6 courses of bricks affected so I'd rather pay someone to do this unless the cost is prohibitive.

I'd also like the remaining half bricks removed and the new bricks keying in properly so there's no sign of the arch having been there. The bricks are fairly common (I've known them referred to as Milton Buff) so I don't anticipate any problems obtaining matching bricks.

I'm looking for recommendations.

IMG_20191211_133754.jpg

Edited by nikki-red

I'm sure you could tackle the job yourself. The bricks you remove as you take down the arch are already weathered and could be reused to make good. 

A recommendation here for Jeffrey Smith the Joiner 07861 379 796

Fitted us in the last week before Christmas for some door work, we were so happy to get it sorted just prior to Christmas. Top notch quality work and super friendly bloke to deal with.

Highly recommended and we will be hopefully using his service again in the future.

Just had a job done by Jeff the joiner. Replacement of a large number of structural members in the front of my bay window. Floorboards were removed and replaced and the job was completed on time with a fair price.

Would very much recommend using him. Will be using again in the future.

Jeffs Number: 07861 379796

Looks like Jeff’s been busy.

I contacted him after reading this forum.

A pleasure to find a tradesman who turned up on time as promised to advise and quote,and then arrived as promised to do an excellent job in replacing inadequate joists and flooring.His gofer Jake is a good lad too.

Hello can anyone recommend a joiner who can repair my bay windows?

Thank you

Paul

My Neighbour, undertakes that type of work, if in wood,he's semi retired, so PM me for his tel number

I want a freezer taking from Sheffield 5 to Chapeltown.  Can any suggest someone please?

If you are looking for a quality joiner then Jeff Smith is the chap, along with Jake they have done a number of jobs for me in the past but most recently made and fitted a back gate, fitted external hardwood door and solved my squeaky staircase. 
Jeff is a larger than life character who certainly knows his job, from fitting kitchens , doors stairwells you name it Jeff and Jake will be able to help you. 

Another thumbs up to Geoff the joiner. Him and Jake has just fitted me a new kitchen on time and it looks great. Jeff co-ordinated the deliveries, plumber and plasterers who were also top notch. Nothing was too much trouble and he did me a couple of jobs which I didn’t even ask him to do. Highly recommended. He’s on 07861 379796

Jeff the joiner did a load of work for us before christmas, hanging a couple of tricky doors, laying flooring, skirting, boxing in, window ledges and a bath panel. Turned up when he said he would and got the work done to a high standard. I'd recommend  him for any joinery work tel. 07861 379796

Edited by Roebachev
spelling

A huge thanks to Sam for coming out at short notice to sort a leak at a rental property.
I called him in a panic & he was able to come & sort the issue & supply new taps.

Sam has also previously done work at my mother's house, so he comes highly recommended by both of us.

Excellent workmanship, extremely fair price, & a thoroughly nice chap!

I found Sam on this site originally & he is thoroughly worthy of all of the many excellent recommendations.

Thanks Sam!

(Sam Lovatt 07909842848)