2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Message added by nikki-red

Morning,

Can anyone recommend an electrician who can carry out an EICR and provide written report / certificate.

I'm based in S6 area.

Cheers

On 30/07/2020 at 08:20, mark1867 said:

Morning,

Can anyone recommend an electrician who can carry out an EICR and provide written report / certificate.

I'm based in S6 area.

Cheers

Try Securicom  , Nick Fisher  0114  2477794 , he has done them for me.

Can anyone recommend a plumber to find an fix a leak please?

I have signs of water leaking under our stairway onto our hallway wall - paint bubbling and stained, and plaster cracking, though no obvious wetness or drips.

It doesn't seem to be a leak from the bathroom above, and I have a suspicion it could be leaking from pipes in the wall or ceiling just under the stairs, as I know there are pipes near there.

Location is Walkley.

Thanks!

So who are the forum recommended builders for small works nowadays?

i have a small understairs cupboard 1x2m that needs airbricks/ventilation to get rid of some damp and then joists and a floor fittings (or perhaps some pullout drawers?).

S11 for locale

Hello all...looking for a good plasterer in Sheffield for s5 area. Any recommendations please? Thanks to all

I had my house door locks changed after some burglaries close by and can fully recommend Shefflock who are Sheffield based locksmiths. The same key also fits the back gate padlock and the garage door so I'm jingly free.

I  am also getting a quote for a new composite door and new upvc windows, just got to go through the vast number of colours and styles. 0114 442 6200.

They are on the web locksmith Sheffield

Can any one recommend anyone for some  wrought iron gate work please?

My existing one I'd looking shabby, needs rehanging I think and needs the lock moving.

Or of course replacing I'm open to that too

VIC iron work at Jericho Works on Holme Lane  Hillsborough S6. Made us some made-to-measure iron stakes to put around garden pond to deter herons.

Can any one recommend someone please to reclad what is effectively a 3rd floor balcony please?

Access using scaffold or cherry picker whatever is safe and unrestricted.

As for materials I am open to suggestions, sheet metal, upvc plastic type stuff or even wood as a last resort. as they say    I ain't fussy.

I'm looking for some recommendations for a good tradesman to remove some old wooden gutters on a small end terrace house in S2  and replace them with plastic guttering 

The  property next door has plastic so it should be much easier to join these up.I would like the work done as soon as possible 

I would appreciate replies from anyone who has recently had this kind of work done and was pleased with the work and the cost involved 

Thanks everyone 

I need someone to clear out guttering in a two story house in S5.  Really struggling to find anyone. Does anyone have any recommendations please? 

I'm looking for an installer of domestic air conditioning.

Has anyone any recommendations?