Ollie Mcburnie - What Are You Playing At?

He might have tapped in the winner against West Ham on Friday night....and for that I am thankful!

But......Seriously Ollie? Come on mate? What are you playing at again off the pitch!

Once again he will hit the press in the morning, for the wrong reasons!....

Yesterday's media pieces, based on twitter exchanges that we're aimed at Ollie from a said "xxx actress".....they can be filed under nonsense. You can't really have a dig at Ollie for this.....

But Ollie was at yesterday's South Wales derby game (as seen on Sky Sports)....and what does he do? He goes and gets himself pictured, whilst making "rude gestures" to the opposing fans. 

You are a public figure...... a supposed role model mate!!.....What are you possibly thinking of? You know that all the eyes are going to be on you!!

You are meant to be a marquee signing for the club! All things said and done, we invested heavily in you.... We don't expect to see things like this going on away from the pitch!

Seriously, sort it out....All this stuff going on away from the pitch? Drink driving charges....and now obscene gestures..... Get a grip lad!

I've disliked him ever since the drink driving situations, shows a poor regard for the club and suggests he thinks he's above the law. Not only that I can't honestly say his performances on the pitch are so glittering that people can excuse his bell endish behaviour.  He did tap in the winner against West Ham... just, it was almost easily saved

Not sure I agree guys. He is entitled to a private life and to make a pillock of himself if he so wishes  He is only 23. Personally I find it more offensive when footballers are walking round covered in expensive vulgar bling bling jewelry and £40,000 Rolex watches. But that's their choice.

3 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Not sure I agree guys. He is entitled to a private life and to make a pillock of himself if he so wishes  He is only 23. Personally I find it more offensive when footballers are walking round covered in expensive vulgar bling bling jewelry and £40,000 Rolex watches. But that's their choice.

Things like that are a matter of taste and whilst we may  not agree it's their choice, money can't buy taste unfortunately. You do however have to accept the public eye is on you and there are some younger people out there who will consider him a role model and their idol. So yeah he can act like this if he wishes but he has to be prepared to deal with the repercussions what they may be, hopefully Wilder will kick him in to touch 

23 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Things like that are a matter of taste and whilst we may  not agree it's their choice, money can't buy taste unfortunately. You do however have to accept the public eye is on you and there are some younger people out there who will consider him a role model and their idol. So yeah he can act like this if he wishes but he has to be prepared to deal with the repercussions what they may be, hopefully Wilder will kick him in to touch 

Not sure if you're serious with that last sentence. Not going to pay £20million on a player who is finally starting to play well and just as the club have reached 6th in the Prem sack him for going to a football match and making a rude gesture.

7 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Not sure if you're serious with that last sentence. Not going to pay £20million on a player who is finally starting to play well and just as the club have reached 6th in the Prem sack him for going to a football match and making a rude gesture.

No I don't mean sack him but he needs to be told his behaviour will reflect on the club. Wilder and the squad have won over a lot of critics and pushed the club in to a very positive position this season I'd be surprised if the staff over at the lane will just ignore it. Maybe if this was the first issue but he's only been here half a season and this is the second time he's in the news and not for something good. 

He could dress up as a Nazi and have a fetish for dwarves for all I care, as long as he carries on putting in performances like Friday night. 

Mountain out of a molehill.

I saw a photo in the Mail on line and didn't appear to me as a 'rude gesture'.

The drink driving I cannot condone but surely he can to go to a football match with his mates on his time off (just like Kyle Walker and Harry Maguire have done watching us at Hillsborough).

There are so many great things happening at the  Lane at present don't let's start looking for negative things that really don't exist.  

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Mountain out of a molehill.

I saw a photo in the Mail on line and didn't appear to me as a 'rude gesture'.

The drink driving I cannot condone but surely he can to go to a football match with his mates on his time off (just like Kyle Walker and Harry Maguire have done watching us at Hillsborough).

There are so many great things happening at the  Lane at present don't let's start looking for negative things that really don't exist.  

I agree with this, in the current sterile football world its quite good to see a lad showing a bit of passion for his team.

I didn't see the game on tv but someone's told me today that Sky spent nearly as much time on McBurnie as they did on the game.  As already posted, mountain out of a molehill. 

Watched the game on Friday evening

McBurnie covered every inch of the grass, that will do for me !

13 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I agree with this, in the current sterile football world its quite good to see a lad showing a bit of passion for his team.

He was a star at Swansea and is entitled to be a spectator ANYWHERE