Julie Dore Standing Down From Council In May

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

😣

😢

I still fancy her though 😘

Oh please, you've  got to be joking.

Heard a reporter on Radio Sheffield yesterday evening state that Dore was due to go before her local Ward selection committee on Sunday, (was there a chance she was going to be de-selected?) but 24 hrs before, she announced her intention to stand down. 

Edited by Baron99

Have you thought she's leaving a sinking ship they could quite easily lose the council in May 

7 hours ago, ormester said:

Have you thought she's leaving a sinking ship they could quite easily lose the council in May 

I hope they do, as I said in my previous posts Labour have proved to me that they're a load of machine politicians,

16 hours ago, linaker said:

I agree. Time and again, they pass the buck to the officers or blame the "cuts" rather than actually get off their backsides and try to make a difference. I too have seen correspondence between a friend and Mary Lea and her lack of interest was stunning. Some of them are well intentioned, but under Julie Dore's uninspiring leadership, most just see it as a sinecure. 

Why do I not find that surprising. Mary Lea is the perfect example of a machine politician, thus she'll probably get the job of leader of the council..... To give her  some (minimal) amount of credit, she does at least answer the phone, even if it's just to fob you off. Julie Grocutt also answers the phone and says all the right things, but similarly, when it actually comes down to it, doesn't want to cause any waves. Francyne Johnson and Neil Gibson never answered the phone, it was always straight to voicemail.

Edited by Justin Smith

Glad to see the back of her...i would also like to see a complete change of all the Labour Councillors completely, there has been the same Council in place for so long they just keep on with the same practices and do the same as they did, fund the same organisations even though they know they aren't the best ones. It would be good to start from scratch , review every single department of the council...all the people and companies supplying services and build efficiency, value for money and competency to actually hold contracts. There are far too many people in jobs for life...taking huge salaries and leaving us...the population with poorer public services than we had 50 years ago.

The Star has announced some front runners for the leadership.  I only know one of them, Bob Johnson, he regularly turns up to Hillsborough Area Forum meetings, and he comes across as a moderniser with a decent brain.  We'll just have to wait and see.

6 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

The Star has announced some front runners for the leadership.  I only know one of them, Bob Johnson, he regularly turns up to Hillsborough Area Forum meetings, and he comes across as a moderniser with a decent brain.  We'll just have to wait and see.

I wonder whether he's a machine politician as well, like all the Labour councillors I've had dealings with this year. Apart from possibly one, Francyne Johnson, though she's too naïve to be leader of the council.

These councillors, and indeed most politicians, can come across well, until they're asked to do something which needs them to create waves with anyone, particularly other Labour councillors.

Edited by Justin Smith