Mortimer Road Horror Smash

3 hours ago, Blue Day said:

In no way am I defending the driver here, but throwing away the key for an error of judgement like that? Yes he was wrong, yes he’s paid a penalty - maybe 16 months wasn’t long enough but still........

It was not "an error of judgement", as in one error of judgement. If he'd been driving like that for a few miles than every corner he went round too quickly, every blind bend he ignored, was an error of judgement, i.e. many errors of judgement. I'd bet pound to pennies that bloke drives like that frequently in his stupid "sports car", and they're all "errors of judgments". It's just this time his luck, ran out. Or, to be more accurate, the person he hit, their luck ran out.

The very term "sports car", or "sporty car", is completely inappropriate for any car used on the roads.

22 hours ago, Blue Day said:

In no way am I defending the driver here, but throwing away the key for an error of judgement like that? Yes he was wrong, yes he’s paid a penalty - maybe 16 months wasn’t long enough but still........

OK ,lets take the key, give it to the Governor ,let him place it in a nice little box ,and then he can take it out to unlock the cell door when he feels fit. Have you ever seen the inside of a prison ?( I mean to see how its run,not implying you've done time !!) I have ,with my  former career,the "in mates " are spoiled for doing ill to others.

10 minutes ago, Chaddamp said:

OK ,lets take the key, give it to the Governor ,let him place it in a nice little box ,and then he can take it out to unlock the cell door when he feels fit. Have you ever seen the inside of a prison ?( I mean to see how its run,not implying you've done time !!) I have ,with my  former career,the "in mates " are spoiled for doing ill to others.

Thats not what one reads in the papers - constant stories about stabbings, beatings, forced to join gangs to avoid trouble etc. Sounds luxurious.

On 12/01/2020 at 13:28, Chaddamp said:

For goodness sake lets get our own rules back so we can punish people properly

I can't even begin figure out what that nonsense means

23 hours ago, Blue Day said:

It wouldn't be so bad if he severed the term though, but it's policy to let them out halfway through.

8 months inside for that is frankly ridiculous.

On 11/01/2020 at 21:43, Longcol said:

The comments from the police aren't that helpful either;

"South Yorkshire Police's PC Phil Carson said the footage of the crash in April 2019 was released to remind bikers about wearing the correct safety gear."

Instead of something like ;

"Car drivers - don't behave like <removed> and take blind corners at 70mph on the wrong side of the road".

How do you tell someone not to be a **** driver though? Not really possible.

From what I heard the biker was wearing some of the best gear around, airbag jacket and everything.  Wearing some of the best gear stopped this being a fatal.

Over all the conservatives are  coming,get ready all that think Sheffield will always be Labour run,I remember one wet spring not long ago when grass couldn't be cut,the litter pickers asked for help and grass cutters said "no thats not our job" so they sat for days doing nothing and getting paid.Same with gritters when heavy frost or snow comes,they agree a big bonus to basically do their job before doing the job they are already going to get paid for,get rid of Unions,they cost tax payer ,if they don't like it ,get a job in private sector where they'll find the attitude more in ,line with modern work practices.

What has that rant got to do with this guy being sent to prison for dangerous driving?

On 11/01/2020 at 21:21, Colin Foster said:

No you are right there you are not allowed to say what you think nowadays.

5 hours ago, Chaddamp said:

I was a prison officer for 3 years at Doncaster Prison, for what it matters?

19 hours ago, ivan edake said:

No you are right there you are not allowed to say what you think nowadays.

PM and I’ll say it.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 23:29, muddywolf said:

, the idiot following was just as bad.

I agree with what has been said about the crash car, but not sure what wrong the guy behind was doing. He went around the corner on his own side of the road, reacted quickly to slow down, then moved off onto the grass at the side so that any following vehicles wouldn't come around the bend unsighted to a stationary car in the middle of the road.

3 hours ago, father ted said:

I agree with what has been said about the crash car, but not sure what wrong the guy behind was doing. He went around the corner on his own side of the road, reacted quickly to slow down, then moved off onto the grass at the side so that any following vehicles wouldn't come around the bend unsighted to a stationary car in the middle of the road.

The GPS recorded the first car approaching that corner at 67MPH, the car following was going just as fast as it was keeping up with it.   The fact one took the corner fine and the other crashed was nothing more than luck / chance imo.  Anyone taking blind 90 degree bend at anywhere like those speeds is a total idiot regardless if they happen to crash or not.

1 hour ago, muddywolf said:

The GPS recorded the first car approaching that corner at 67MPH, the car following was going just as fast as it was keeping up with it.   The fact one took the corner fine and the other crashed was nothing more than luck / chance imo.  Anyone taking blind 90 degree bend at anywhere like those speeds is a total idiot regardless if they happen to crash or not.

That road is a 60 limit, therefore they were both speeding, thus they were both in the wrong before we go any further.

What's interesting is you always get loads of petrol heads on here saying "speed isn't the cause of accidents".

It's absolute ****** of course, if that guy who caused the accident had been going 7mph slower he may well have made it round that corner, and, the laws of physics dictate that the consequences of his  appalling driving would have been significantly less.

Edited by Justin Smith