Blades V West Ham

Hey up Blades fans, are you all asleep ?

Your thoughts on tonight's match please !

This match has draw written all over it.  Moyes coming in for Hammers, Blades have a tough match with Arsenal upcoming.

Not the best home performance of the season so far but I think the most important.

West Ham came to stifle our style and it worked to a degree. We battled well and got a well worked goal to seal the result

UTB

8 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Not the best home performance of the season so far but I think the most important.

West Ham came to stifle our style and it worked to a degree. We battled well and got a well worked goal to seal the result

UTB

Good result, but down West Ham keeper error ashocking goal from that point. Can't fault Utd for their work rate in games, highlights of the goal

I think they were the poorest team to visit BDTBL this season, Deano had virtually nothing to do until the final 10 minutes.

The big question for me would be, why would you leave Snodgrass out of the starting line up? He changed the game for them when he came on?

For the first time this season, VAR calls a decision in our favour.  

As Wilder said last night i think the result was more important than the performance.

Ive seen us play better this season and lose ,but West Ham didn't look up to much and to draw the game with a last minute equaliser would have been cruel.I wonder if Karma (VAR)  has decided to play a trump card and relegate West Ham by the  single point they thought they had secured last night?

Again VAR is the talking point when it shouldn't be. Any sane fan would say the goal should of stood, unfortunately because of how the handball rules are VAR correctly ruled it out. They really need to look at the offside and handball rules as how their using it with VAR isn't fit for purpose.

Having said that I don't think West ham deserved a point so looking at it like that it stopped you losing out on 2 points

Agree. The offside and hand ball decisions are ludicrous. Until this season, à forward was considered onside if he was level with a defender, now if he's a thumbprint beyond its offside. The lad last night did not intentionally handle, " ball on hand".

Edited by Ridgewalk

14 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Agree. The offside and hand ball decisions are ludicrous. Until this season, à forward was considered onside if he was level with a defender, now if he's a thumbprint beyond its offside. The lad last night did not intentionally handle, " ball on hand".

The law regarding handball states that any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed, "even if it is accidental "

5 hours ago, pintor said:

The law regarding handball states that any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed, "even if it is accidental "

There's the problem with it. It's not always possible to move it out of the way and open to abuse by opposing players

I don't want to turn your match thread into a var debate so I'll just say it should be there to advise the ref, if they see something the ref should go to a monitor to have a look. If it takes more than 20 seconds or something to decide if a player is offside then it should be in favour of the striker. I have no problem with a players toe or shoulder being in an offside position and handballs should definately have the ref looking at a monitor to decide, if he thinks it wasn't avoidable then allow the goal and if any player kicks off then give them a yellow, refs should be in charge and have the respect of players.

Anyway a good result whatever and deserved winners, I don't think they can say on balance of play they deserved anything