Parking Outside Schools

He probably had to get water from a well too but not sure we want to regress like that😂

Well we had this at walkley school  Police children and teachers was outside school for a week  telling parents with cars to switch of engines  and park sensible,

All went ok a few disgruntled parents but went down well for a week,

Soon after the week was up and the police etc was not there,all was back to normal parking we're they wanted double yellow lines and all,

They did get a sign put up about switching off engines though,but it is cold for the parents sat in their cars in their PJ's this time of year.

Total bug bearer when people park stupidly outside schools, specially when there are restrictions in place for a reason. Think the drivers that do must have got there licences out of lucky bags because not only are they putting themselves at risk they are also putting other people and children at risk. 

5 hours ago, Westie1889 said:

Not ironic just a fact, the real issue which you neglect to recognise is that it would take longer by public transport. That’s the real issue to sort before having a go at people trying to earn a living.

Just as long as you aren't inconvenienced in the slightest then I'm sure all will be OK. Just keep pumping them exhaust fumes.

There's a bus every 10 mins from Dore to town btw. Catch it myself quite often in a morning . It drives past all the stationary traffic on Ecclesall Road, so I'm doubting your claims about being quicker by car.

7 hours ago, Westie1889 said:

He probably had to get water from a well too but not sure we want to regress like that😂

A tap will suffice.

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Just as long as you aren't inconvenienced in the slightest then I'm sure all will be OK. Just keep pumping them exhaust fumes.

There's a bus every 10 mins from Dore to town btw. Catch it myself quite often in a morning . It drives past all the stationary traffic on Ecclesall Road, so I'm doubting your claims about being quicker by car.

We would catch the bus from the bottom on Dore road along Abbeydale road. There’s meant to be one every 20 mins but quite often you can be waiting upto an hour - not really practical for anyone with any sort of responsibilities is it? Also you don’t calculate waiting time at the bus stop in your point above or getting from the nearest bus stop to her office so no need to doubt my claims it takes longer by bus because it does.

As for pumping fumes she’s got a Tesla so that points not really relevant either is it .

By the way it’s ‘those’ fumes not ‘them’.

I’m all for a discussion about how to make things better but I usually find those preaching to others about what to do ref: transport into town are usually (but not always) the people for whom it is easy to do, either because of where they live, proximity to a transport network, lack of a job or have one with flexibility in working hours (usually public sector).

Once you ask them to put themselves in others positions, i.e what if they had to move house, change jobs or spend more money they usually go quiet.

32 minutes ago, Westie1889 said:

We would catch the bus from the bottom on Dore road along Abbeydale road. There’s meant to be one every 20 mins but quite often you can be waiting upto an hour - not really practical for anyone with any sort of responsibilities is it? Also you don’t calculate waiting time at the bus stop in your point above or getting from the nearest bus stop to her office so no need to doubt my claims it takes longer by bus because it does.

As for pumping fumes she’s got a Tesla so that points not really relevant either is it .

I’m all for a discussion about how to make things better but I usually find those preaching to others about what to do ref: transport into town are usually (but not always) the people for whom it is easy to do, either because of where they live, proximity to a transport network, lack of a job or have one with flexibility in working hours (usually public sector).

Once you ask them to put themselves in others positions, i.e what if they had to move house, change jobs or spend more money they usually go quiet.

That’s an interesting post Westie1889. 

I know a granny who use to pick her grandchildren up and very aware that running the engine created fumes and also ran the petrol gauge down she use to fill a hot water bottle before she set off and sit with it on her lap. The young uns wouldn't  think that way.

13 hours ago, pintor said:

Often at the primary school close to where I live, when the parents come to pick them up in the afternoon some will sit for 30/35minutes with their engines running just looking at their mobiles,  surely there should be sign stating engines should be switched off whilst waiting, its can't be healthy  for the kids let alone anyone if you're sat in the garden 

6 points & £200 fine for that. Mobile phone law considers it as part of 'driving whilst using mobile device. 

18 hours ago, Westie1889 said:

I travel by bike or public transport to Rotherham, so not the easy option. It's quicker by car usually, but far more unpleasant.

The electricity used to charge your Tesla, how's that generated?

You have arranged your life - where you live and work - and make zero allowances for it.

Thanks for pointing out the deliberate spelling mistake. I would pull apart your grammatical errors but that would be a bit childish. 

Edited by Bargepole23

Back on topic now please, and discuss the subject not each other.

same problems at Shooter's Grove.

parked above Wood Lane's  'Lollypop Man' sometimes on 'zig-zags' or double yellows - engines running, half on pavement, playing on telephones.

Apparently the only ticket issued recently was on guy in a Morrison's delivery van encroaching into bus stop.