Parking Outside Schools

went passed greenhill school today total madness ,all or nearly all cars with engines on,either on the pavement,double yellow lines or the grass kerb,ie the mud patch,dont police ever think this could be dangerous?,are these lazy young mums/dads so ill they cannot walk a few yards? are these people above the law? total disgrace,is this the same at other schools? its about time the police,scc and the schools did something about this dont you all agree?

At our local school people would park in the playground if they got half a chance!

Never mind the police, don't the parents think it's dangerous? 

They have to pick their kids up in the car because it's so dangerous near a school, with all the cars...

Too right! No wonder there so many overweight kids.  Not to mention pollution and climate change from people making too many unnecessary short car journeys for convenience. If it’s not possible for children to walk to school or use a bus then parents should at the very least park a few minutes walk away from the school, to avoid congestion around the school gates and give the kids a little bit of exercise.

I’m guessing some of them have to get to work hence the rush, but granted not all will.

My wife drops our kids at a breakfast club in Dore around 7.30 then drives to work on West Barr.

She doesn’t get there until 8.20ish so around 50mins for a 4 mile journey.

Kids health needs to be the priority but can appreciate it’s tough for some people to juggle kids and work when the traffic is so bad.

16 hours ago, bassett one said:

went passed greenhill school today total madness ,all or nearly all cars with engines on,either on the pavement,double yellow lines or the grass kerb,ie the mud patch,dont police ever think this could be dangerous?,are these lazy young mums/dads so ill they cannot walk a few yards? are these people above the law? total disgrace,is this the same at other schools? its about time the police,scc and the schools did something about this dont you all agree?

It's about time those drivers took a look at themselves, shouldn't need the police or anyone else to tell them they are being selfish and inconsiderate. 

55 minutes ago, Westie1889 said:

I’m guessing some of them have to get to work hence the rush, but granted not all will.

My wife drops our kids at a breakfast club in Dore around 7.30 then drives to work on West Barr.

She doesn’t get there until 8.20ish so around 50mins for a 4 mile journey.

Kids health needs to be the priority but can appreciate it’s tough for some people to juggle kids and work when the traffic is so bad.

Irony alert.

Often at the primary school close to where I live, when the parents come to pick them up in the afternoon some will sit for 30/35minutes with their engines running just looking at their mobiles,  surely there should be sign stating engines should be switched off whilst waiting, its can't be healthy  for the kids let alone anyone if you're sat in the garden 

10 minutes ago, pintor said:

Often at the primary school close to where I live, when the parents come to pick them up in the afternoon some will sit for 30/35minutes with their engines running just looking at their mobiles,  surely there should be sign stating engines should be switched off whilst waiting, its can't be healthy  for the kids let alone anyone if you're sat in the garden 

Why would anyone need a sign to tell them that?

You could tell them until you were blue in the face and it still would make no difference. 

Edited by Bargepole23

9 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why would anyone need a sign to tell them that?

You could tell them until you were blue in the face and it still would make no difference. 

Maybe have a community cop (if they still exist) with the power to fine them if they don't turn engines off

29 minutes ago, pintor said:

There are signs outside some schools says it’s now an offence to have your engine running while waiting but I’ve never seen it enforced 

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

It's about time those drivers took a look at themselves, shouldn't need the police or anyone else to tell them they are being selfish and inconsiderate. 

Irony alert.

Not ironic just a fact, the real issue which you neglect to recognise is that it would take longer by public transport. That’s the real issue to sort before having a go at people trying to earn a living.

Abraham Lincoln walked twenty miles to school,  it didn't do him any harm.  I can't really say that about going to theatres tho. :hihi: