The Cyprus Rape Allegations Case

4 hours ago, Branyy said:

What victim?

2 hours ago, Branyy said:

AFAIK, she claimed that, police disagreed and it was discussed over the court.

Of course, if she feels mistreated she can push it to the European court.

At the moment, I don't see a reason not to trust the judge.

There is plenty of sources on the internet about this case and it's not the only one -- 

"Scandinavian woman says she was forced by Cypriot police to withdraw a rape claim or face arrest, in a striking parallel to the case of a British teenager who was allegedly gang raped on the Mediterranean island.

The Scandinavian woman said police officers questioned her aggressively for several hours after she was raped by two men outside a nightclub.

The officers accused her of lying and said that if she did not withdraw the rape claim they would arrest her and send her to prison."

The above is  from The Telegraph.

Far too many men  would probably agree with you, they have no idea what rape can do to a woman. A lot a women and girls don't report it because of attitudes like yours and suggesting  she takes it to the  European court is unbelievable.  She was also examined by a doctor suggest you look it up

Edited by Sidonica

9 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

On the 1pm news the other day the news showed mother and daughters faces whilst talking to the media outside court but on the 6pm news they hid their faces and now on interviews they cant be identified,  could a forum legal eagle explain this, its all a bit strange.  :suspect:

Back to your question Presley, I watched it on television  where they were interviewing the mother ( never saw the daughter there) then on the later news they were both shown but with their faces blanked out. A bit late for that I thought so what was all that about , maybe to protect them from harassment  when they get home?

There's  a lot of  disbelievers  out there.

5 hours ago, Sidonica said:

There is plenty of sources on the internet about this case and it's not the only one -- 

"Scandinavian woman says she was forced by Cypriot police to withdraw a rape claim or face arrest, in a striking parallel to the case of a British teenager who was allegedly gang raped on the Mediterranean island.

The Scandinavian woman said police officers questioned her aggressively for several hours after she was raped by two men outside a nightclub.

The officers accused her of lying and said that if she did not withdraw the rape claim they would arrest her and send her to prison."

The above is  from The Telegraph.

Far too many men  would probably agree with you, they have no idea what rape can do to a woman. A lot a women and girls don't report it because of attitudes like yours and suggesting  she takes it to the  European court is unbelievable.  She was also examined by a doctor suggest you look it up

i wonder what are the chancers of eleven boys all telling the same story are?

The video clearly shows she was not raped. It’s out there if you want to go looking and you can make your own mind up. Morning regret, made up a story, backfired badly.

Why are people assuming guilt, or innocence for that matter. Don’t.

Just because the video doesn’t show a rape, doesn’t mean a rape did not happen at some point.

I believe they’re saying it started out consensual with a small number of the boys, but later (not within the time scope of the video), the other boys forced their way in to the room, and what happened then wasn’t consensual.

There was a different lady on the Victoria Derbyshire show, reporting similar treatment from the Cypriot police after she was raped.

Ayia Napa is one of my most favourite beaches in the world, but I'm thinking Cyprus might be better left alone, until a full enquiry in to this and similar cases happens.

8 hours ago, Waldo said:

Why are people assuming guilt, or innocence for that matter. Don’t.

Just because the video doesn’t show a rape, doesn’t mean a rape did not happen at some point.

I believe they’re saying it started out consensual with a small number of the boys, but later (not within the time scope of the video), the other boys forced their way in to the room, and what happened then wasn’t consensual.

She took a selfie, smiling, in the same room, just after the alleged rape occurred. Timestamps and the background prove it. Why would you do that if you’d just gone through the suggested ordeal?

13 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

Back to your question Presley, I watched it on television  where they were interviewing the mother ( never saw the daughter there) then on the later news they were both shown but with their faces blanked out. A bit late for that I thought so what was all that about , maybe to protect them from harassment  when they get home?

There's  a lot of  disbelievers  out there.

Unless their lawers got involved, err a bit too late I would have thought, the identy cat was already out of the bag. 

2 hours ago, Happ said:

She took a selfie, smiling, in the same room, just after the alleged rape occurred. Timestamps and the background prove it. Why would you do that if you’d just gone through the suggested ordeal?

How should a rape victim respond? Is there a correct way?

The report I read about the selfie was it was taken of her and the man she was dating before the disputed sex where 11 of his pals joined in, do you have a link or source please?

6 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

There was a different lady on the Victoria Derbyshire show, reporting similar treatment from the Cypriot police after she was raped.

Ayia Napa is one of my most favourite beaches in the world, but I'm thinking Cyprus might be better left alone, until a full enquiry in to this and similar cases happens.

That is why the police try to keep these things quiet, they dont want bed press for the hotels.

8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

i am sure it would not be to difficult to find any number of girls in england  who would say the same about our police.

my bold

2 hours ago, Stranza said:

The report I read about the selfie was it was taken of her and the man she was dating before the disputed sex where 11 of his pals joined in, do you have a link or source please?

Then you read the wrong article. Video and pictures don’t lie.

2 hours ago, Stranza said:

Certainly not by taking a selfie while smiling, just after the alleged offence occurred. Would you not agree?