Card Games

Guest Mr Nutty

Anyone got recommendations for good card games, not too complicated, I like Uno, Monopoly Deal and Cards Against Humanity but sure there are lots I've yet to discover.

Coop is good, One Night Ultimate Warewolf, King Of Tokyo, Love Letter, Resistance.

Counties, However Aces, Patience, Whist, Norweign  Whist, Cheat, Eights, Strip Jack, Pontoon, Pairs, Poker etc...

All played with a Standard Pack of Cards

Two Packs: Canasta, ?...

On 11/02/2020 at 13:05, FatDave said:

Resistance.

Avalon, which is very similar to Resistance, but with special characters (Merlin, Percival, Morgana, etc) who are seeded with additional information during the reveal phase...

In Avalon, Merlin is in the good team, and during the reveal phase gets to see who the evil team are. If good wins, the Assassin (on evil team) picks out who he thinks Merlin is, and if correct, steals victory for team evil.

IMO, Avalon is an improved version of Resistance.

Secret Hitler is also good, in he same category as Resistance.

Sushi Go is another fun one. As long as you have other players!

5 hours ago, Groose said:

Sushi Go is another fun one. As long as you have other players!

Have played that too, it’s fun. Also ‘Exploding Kittens’, quick easy fun game. Not strictly a card game, but ‘Bang the Dice Game’ is fun too.

Definitely try ‘Avalon’ though if you get the chance. Ideally with 7 players, it’s such an amazing fun game. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

Edited by Waldo

Resitance is great - the last 4 times me and friends played (before the lockdown) i've been a Spy lol.

I want to crack open Shadows Over Camelot card game - but no point until I can meet friends again.

2 hours ago, Groose said:

I want to crack open Shadows Over Camelot card game - but no point until I can meet friends again.

I have that one too; well, the board game version of Shadows Over Camelot. Is there a condensed card game version of it, or did you mean the big-box version with like 4 boards to it, and the hidden traitor dynamic?

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I have that one too; well, the board game version of Shadows Over Camelot. Is there a condensed card game version of it, or did you mean the big-box version with like 4 boards to it, and the hidden traitor dynamic?

There is a card game version as well. (Although have played the board game!)