Jump to content

Claiming Esa And Working


Recommended Posts


You can do some paid or unpaid work while you’re getting ESA and it won’t affect your benefit. This is called ‘permitted work’, or ‘supported permitted work’.

Any job can be permitted work as long as each week you're working under 16 hours, and earning up to £131.50.  It doesn't matter whether you’re in the support group or the work-related activity group.

'Supported permitted work' is work that’s either:

  • supervised by someone from a local council or voluntary organisation whose job it is to arrange work for disabled people
  • part of a treatment programme under medical supervision

You can also earn up to £131.50 a week doing supported permitted work. 



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.