Carpet Cleaning Solutions, Are Most Expensive, The Best, Etc?

as above, just been looking at prices for VAX solution for my carpet cleaner, the prices are steep, however i did try Vanish version and it just didn't work, are the branded ones the best generally.?

Edited by gamezone07

Rug Doctor works fine in VAX carpet cleaners

Ive got some unopened vax cleaner if you want some at some a very reasonable price - we've got loads (6 large bottles) when we bought our vax machine. We bought two aditional bottles not realising they were in triple packs. 

pm me.

Tried many different products, paid for a professional clean, I was not happy with any. I bought a steam cleaner, that just uses water. Carpets look clean and refreshed and fluffs them up really good. My carpets are 31 years old.

When you have used the steam on the carpet, what do you use afterwards to absorb the dirt that has been released? 

11 minutes ago, Janus said:

When you have used the steam on the carpet, what do you use afterwards to absorb the dirt that has been released? 

The steam nozzle pad steams the carpet then I go over the same area with a cloth that attached to the pad. The cloth picks up the loosened dirt.

That sounds like a simple and effective solution for carpet cleaning. No chemical odour either.

31 minutes ago, Janus said:

That sounds like a simple and effective solution for carpet cleaning. No chemical odour either.

Simple, effective and quick. Dries virtually straight away. Used to use a vac one with chemical cleaner,left carpets soaked for ages, was hard work and carpets were left rough. Can use the steam clean on tiles on kitchen floor too but usually just wipe those with microfibre cloths (only water needed with those too).

I have both, a Polti steam cleaner and a VAx carpet cleaner, neither have removed food stains on the upholstery.

Hi you would be better off paying the bit extra for a commercial cleaner there's not much difference in the prices I clean carpets and sofas as a part job and the vax units and rug doctor are not very good they are for light cleaning and don't get deep down in to the carpet

If you're doing it yourself at home, remember to always do a patch test.

We use the expensive one (Vax ultra) rather than the Vax AAA. It does actually seem to do a better job cleaning I picked up several bottles a year ago from homebase as they had them on offer. 

RE- Vax, I'll never loan mine out again. We vowed we wouldn't but how do you say no to friends. Twice mines been returned damaged. It's currently not working.

NEVER EVER LOAN YOUR VAX