Winter Weather 2020

On 13/01/2020 at 18:43, Padders said:

Whats happened to the snow, middle of January and Iv'e not seen a snowflake yet ?

Dont worry There is still plenty of time. 😎:hihi:

On 13/01/2020 at 18:43, Padders said:

Whats happened to the snow, middle of January and Iv'e not seen a snowflake yet ?

February is usually the coldest month with the greatest chance of snow, though I don't fancy it, even a little bit causes days of disruption in Sheffield, as we know. 

Hopefully we don't get the tail end of the snow that's currently battering the east coast of Canada.  Thank God for a warmish Atlantic Ocean. 

Edited by Baron99

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

February is usually the coldest month with the greatest chance of snow, though I don't fancy it, even a little bit causes days of disruption in Sheffield, as we know. 

Hopefully we don't get the tail end of the snow that's currently battering the east coast of Canada.  Thank God for a warmish Atlantic Ocean. 

It's not that long ago when I was mowing the grass in February.

Well it's more like spring today. Can't remember ever feeling so much warmth off the sun in January! 

I've seen a few yellow croci.

its feb we have to worry about ,as if it snows its also stays longer,where as in march it can go over night,so lets past feb and we will be fine,but saying that ,i got hurricane berth wrong one august,so who am i to predict?

On 21/01/2020 at 11:10, Padders said:

It's not that long ago when I was mowing the grass in February.

My Winter Aconites are nearly out.  They usually don't appear until the end of February at the earliest.  My Bluebells are up & green, so if they continue at this rate, they'll be in flower by mid February rather than April. 

But remember, nature has a way of leveling things up. 

Just watching Paul Hudson on Look North.  He said weather will change from next Sunday.  Unsettled, rain with gales. 

Edited by Baron99

batton down the hatchs folks,it sounds like a lot of wind and rain/possible snow?

Just looked at the Met Office forecast for next week - can't see anything particularly out of the ordinary?😕

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

batton down the hatchs folks,it sounds like a lot of wind and rain/possible snow?

Will go stock up on the bread and milk then😱😱😱

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Just looked at the Met Office forecast for next week - can't see anything particularly out of the ordinary?😕

Likewise.

A bit chilly, but not frosty, some showers and a bit of breeze...nothing too crazy.

I sometimes think some people watch the forecast and only hear "SNOW" but don't check where.