How poor have you been?

whats the least amount of money youve had to your name?

someone please dont say 0 when i was born. be realistic maybe only comment after you had to earn for yourself.

whats the least amount of money youve had to your name?

someone please dont say 0 when i was born. be realistic maybe only comment after you had to earn for yourself.

You are being nosey.;)

But mine was in the 1980's after being made redundant 3 times, with long periods of unemployment in between.But I survived and came out the other side.

I wasn't made homeless or anything like that,so I was still better off than a lot of people.

ive had nought

got my dole stopped once for a few weeks (there fault but they wouldnt admit it, apeals dont work)

had to rely on the missus, luckily i had one, or id have been in the stumm

ive had nought

got my dole stopped once for a few weeks (there fault but they wouldnt admit it, apeals dont work)

had to rely on the missus, luckily i had one, or id have been in the stumm

That does sound hard. so she was wearing the trousers was she :hihi:

About -£20,000 after years of building up student debt.

About -£20,000 after years of building up student debt.

did all that training as a student pay off? have you cleared your debts?

did all that training as a student pay off? have you cleared your debts?

No because I'm just going into my 6th year of being a student!. I am being paid now, but not much. I'm slowly starting to pay off my debts, but I'll finish my PhD in two years at which point I'll get paid a lot more. It still won't be an enormous salary but that's what you get for working in science.

About 80p in 2ps and 1ps and that wasn't long ago :(

after a major build up of student debt, my monthly wages leave my account just as soon as they enter it and i am left with nothing for the last 2 weeks of every month lately!! its horrible and makes me very sad cos i cant eat nice food and go out and have fun :mad:

however im sure ill be rich and living a life of luxury one day!! :hihi:

I used to rob the gas meter on Thursdays as my giro cheques never lasted through until Friday. My landlady never blinked an eye if she found a £1 note in the coin meter.

Last year at the end of every month i would have about £2 to go shopping for a weeks worth of meals for me and my then fella. Tesco economy noodles :gag: or packet soup then we would drink herbal teas that had been at the back of the cupboard for ages with loads of sugar to stay alive till the first of the month....then we would blow our wages on pizza and chinese food!

Last year at the end of every month i would have about £2 to go shopping for a weeks worth of meals for me and my then fella. Tesco economy noodles :gag: or packet soup then we would drink herbal teas that had been at the back of the cupboard for ages with loads of sugar to stay alive till the first of the month....then we would blow our wages on pizza and chinese food!

I know that feeling well!! 8p for noodles that tasted of water.. :gag: Bills at the end of the month were awful...but now we spend less on takeaways to pay the bills and then we can live confortably all month. (wow! I sound so grown up! :D )