Victim Of 'Hugger Mugger' Last Night in London

Was out in London Bridge at a few pubs Was heading to the Underground on my way home.  A guy came and went to high five me wishing me happy new year.  Next thing I know he had  his leg wrapped around mine.  I tried to push him away but he kept it there.  He then left and I felt my pocket and realised my phone had been taken.  Turned around and couldn't see him.  

Have blocked the sim and reported it to the police. They came to my house and took a statement. The phone will be blocked and show as stolen if they try and sell it. Happened so quickly and I was in a bit of a daze after it happened. 

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it's becoming all too common, thieves acting friendly as a way to distract you then robbing you. Hope they catch him and hope you can put the experience behind you. 

9 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Tenerife is rife with this.

I had my wallet stolen in Tenerife a couple of years ago, walking back to the hotel an African man came up to me waving a leaflet for a bar around, this happens often on holiday so I didn't think anything about it, I felt a slight touch at the side of my leg and he ran off, somehow he had unbuttoned my pocket and got my wallet out.

Yes, this is similar to the mobile phone thieves that were operating in Sheffield a year or so ago.

In Tenerife, it's common for people to pretend to be drunk, harmless and just very friendly, when they come up and give you a hug in the street.  Then you realise you've been robbed.