Treeton Grange Near Rotherham

Did anyone work there when it was United Coke & Chemicals or when it became British Steel Corporation (Chemicals) Ltd.

was one guy there by the name of Danny Randall - maybe in the accounts section. He will be about 80/81 years old now

Victor - Malaysia

I remember Danny, he worked in the cost department.

Danny and myself were childhood friends, in same classes at Swallownest Infants School and Junior School then we both passed the 11+ and went o Woodhouse Grammar School

He lived with his auntie on Park Hill, Swallownest and visited his mother regularly, she lived at Hollinsend, just below Intake. His mother lived just across the road from a mutual school friend - he is still alive, retired as Man Dir from his own materials testing company, living in Nottingham

I havn't seen him since probably 1960/61 although we lived just over the hill about 150 yards. I was working for a London company from 1961 and then another of their offices in Manchester. 1966 I left for Driffield, and in 2006 Malaysia

No idea who he married or where they lived. But my father went to the United Coke and Chemicals offices in Orgreave around mid 1970's and he told me he had seen Danny working there - cannot be any later year because we semi-retired my father to Bempton, near Bridlington about 1977/8 and he was only a part timer at Handsworth business from about 1974/5

That's all the help I can give you - I have no idea whether Danny is still alive and kicking, or not - there has been nothing on the Woodhouse Grammar School web site in the "old pupils passing" notifications and up to July 2006 I have never seen him at any of the School Reunions

As for his age, will be 80/81 now - he was one of the slightly older pupils in our classes - I will be 80 in July of this year

If you find anything out or even a contact number for Danny could you please let me know

Best Wishes - Victor, Malaysia - hot every day, no seasons - virtually similar every day of the year -today (Sunday) 2-40pm it is pushing 108 degrees, but will drop to about 88/90 degrees during the night

There's also a Treeton Facebook site that you could try posting on. The Original Treeton News and Memories.

I remember Danny Randle he worked in Stores accounts then moved to the cost office at Orgreave he lived on Richmond Road then he his wife and kids moved somewhere in the Ecclesall road area.

Thanks Oughtiboy - I will ask my 2 cousins (Coal Aston and Highgreave) to check out the phione book and Voters Registration

Best Wishes - Victor

Thank you for all the replies, it was me that started the Treeton Grange fb page last week.  I posted on here because some staff members lived in Sheffield. I will try the one suggested.

Edited by Aye up