Bus Fares Up Again,Why?

Pay poundland prices you don't get a gold plated service!

Commuter tickets are only about £2.40 a day for unlimited travel across the city!

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Pay poundland prices you don't get a gold plated service!

Commuter tickets are only about £2.40 a day for unlimited travel across the city!

Yep, unfortunately it's the world we live in most things have gone up in price not only public transport, my god a freddo was only 10p at one point, Cadburys have lost all respect for the public!

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, driver151 said:

The old saying of we pay your wages... that's how the economy works I bought a red bull today that pays the red bull employees wages I bought a ford that pays the wages of ford employees, like I said if u know how to fix it pls apply for any of the bus companies

Plus you dont even know me so how can u say I have lost respect?

Maybe that's the attitude we are talking about

That is EXACTLy the attitude Thanks to him for providing such a good example. Sadly he is not alone by any means

We don't get this level of entitled whinging every time Tesco (other supermarkets are available) increases the price of bread, jam. bog roll  or when pubs/coffee shops increase the price of drinks etc etc etc..

As Andy C frequently points out our local bus fares are exceptionally good value compared to similar cities. A 10/15 minute bus ride in Bradford (First) cost £2.30/£2.60 BEFORE any January price rise.  For a comparable daily amount I can get unlimited travel on every bus/tram within the Sheffield city boundary. 

Our fares are (relatively speaking) very good value.

Guest busdriver1
11 hours ago, ormester said:

Never had a problem 

Bad attitude of the Sheffield public lol maybe there fed up of putting up with a terrible service and who pays your wages   bus dryer you have lost respect blaming Sheffielders 

My comments are based solely on my experience dealing with people like YOU

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

I don't know how you deal with the general public, I'd probably have lost my job within my first journey as a driver due to shouting at someone :D 

10 minutes ago, probedb said:

I don't know how you deal with the general public, I'd probably have lost my job within my first journey as a driver due to shouting at someone :D 

I imagine he copes like I and others who deal with the public do - with almost infinite patience, good humour, sympathy and on the understanding that there are certain limits to our tolerance.

23 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

That is EXACTLy the attitude Thanks to him for providing such a good example. Sadly he is not alone by any means

How arrigibat are you bus driver this is exactly why people have no disrespect  because a lot of drivers have no respect for customer service . 

15 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

LOL your  funny because my comments are based on drivers like you  how the hell you can sit behind your computer slagging  people off  I'm sure your employees would love to see your comments. You would be disclipined 

Guest busdriver1
13 hours ago, probedb said:

Dont worry, you may not pick up ormster 😂😂

Guest busdriver1
20 minutes ago, ormester said:

How arrigibat are you bus driver this is exactly why people have no disrespect  because a lot of drivers have no respect for customer service . 

LOL your  funny because my comments are based on drivers like you  how the hell you can sit behind your computer slagging  people off  I'm sure your employees would love to see your comments. You would be disclipined 

HahAhahahahaha You clearly do not read comments before replying to them. How can you judge my attitude when you dont know me? Just fitting me into your perception you have built up to make everything everyone elses fault. 

To save you the trouble here is a brief re-cap. 

I did for a short while drive buses in Sheffield but stopped as the attitude of the public was not good. I, unlike them, was never rude. I, unlike them was never ignorant.

Tell me how your comments can be based on "drivers like me"? 

Drivers like me dont work there and it is because of rude and ignorant people who blame everyone else rather than look in a mirror.

Pack it in with the bickering please.

Back on topic now.

Well I have a lot of respect for bus drivers. I don’t know how they keep their patience with certain passengers, let alone the traffic  congestion.  The vast majority do a brilliant job; there is the odd bad apple but that is the same in all occupations.  

Back in the 90s though it was a different story in my experience. Lots of rude drivers, aggressive driving and it wasn’t a rare event for drivers to not stop for customers hailing a bus (clearly not full to capacity) in good time.  I do think things have improved since then and fares are probably comparatively cheaper for monthly/weekly tickets.