Bachelors

Does anyone remember Bachelors running a baby competition in 1947? I had a picture of me winning it but its been lost in house moves over the years.

My dad was Jack hales and he worked in the sugar room 

There was a BATCHELORS Factory in Sheffield at one time, I do remember that, but I definately don't remember 1947 and any baby competition.

Wasn’t it in the Wicker?

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Wasn’t it in the Wicker?W

What was in the Wicker Lazrus ?

8 hours ago, St Petre said:

What was in the Wicker Lazrus ?

Look at the topic ! 

Was there a Batchelors factory or not in the Wicker then Lazarus?

I believed it was at Wadsley Bridge but there might have been more than one factory.

They had one in Worksop in the 70s we delivered laundry to them when I worked for Abbey Glen.

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

Was there a Batchelors factory or not in the Wicker then Lazarus?

I believed it was at Wadsley Bridge but there might have been more than one factory.

I already said there was a Batchelor's factory in the Wicker so why the was there or wasn’t there? If you look on picture Sheffield you will see that there was a canning factory in the early thirties

Batchelor's canning factory was in Stanley Street, just off the Wicker, until 1937 when the new factory opened at Wadsley Bridge as noted above by kidley.

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

I already said there was a Batchelor's factory in the Wicker so why the was there or wasn’t there? If you look on picture Sheffield you will see that there was a canning factory in the early thirties

I thought it was a straightforward question.

I can't see where you have said it was in the Wicker, your post #3 asks the same question and #6 refers back to the OP which was about a baby show!

Thank you to hillsbro for clearing it all up.

2 hours ago, Meltman said:

I thought it was a straightforward question.

I can't see where you have said it was in the Wicker, your post #3 asks the same question and #6 refers back to the OP which was about a baby show!

Thank you to hillsbro for clearing it all up.

I answered Dropouts question, nothing about a baby show at all, the post just said Batchelors,  thank you Lazarus for the Wicker link.