Warning! thieves operating in primark/Moor Area

On 02/01/2020 at 21:57, Mossway said:

Please don’t think I’m being too smart@r$e but no elderly shopper should be going shopping with £150 in cash in an urban area (I’m not elderly but  old (76))

Plastic’s safer generally, especially if you can persuade the elderly to shield their PIN when paying.

Yes, totally agree, normally she doesn't, but there were special circumstances.

22 hours ago, northernboy said:

The scheme with the radios still exists, not just for the Moor.

CRAC radio is used by 154 businesses in retail, hospitality and the night time economy to share information about shoplifters and people known for anti-social behaviour. The network provides businesses with a direct link to the Council’s CCTV operators, who will contact the police if the incident requires more support.”

https://sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/partner-news/sheffield-bid-helps-businesses-tackle-crime-during-festive-season/

That's good.  It's a pity it didn't result in the thief being caught in this instance.

19 hours ago, LumoColor said:

GDPR will allow the person in the video to request the CCTV footage of themselves in the store, submit a formal Subject Access Request (SAR) and they should provide it within 30 days, you will need to provide a photo of yourself, rough times you were in the store and possibly ID.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/

Thank you, Lumo, I will talk to her about this.

There is a time limit for shops in keeping cctv recordings and it appears to be 28-30 days before it is wiped.

On 03/01/2020 at 09:41, LumoColor said:

GDPR will allow the person in the video to request the CCTV footage of themselves in the store, submit a formal Subject Access Request (SAR) and they should provide it within 30 days, you will need to provide a photo of yourself, rough times you were in the store and possibly ID.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/

Sounds good until the store turns around and says because other shoppers are in the footage they can't release it to you as they can't get the consent of those other people.

1 minute ago, carosio said:

There is a time limit for shops in keeping cctv recordings and it appears to be 28-30 days before it is wiped.

There is no such limit in law. It's down to the person or organisation who has the recordings as to how long they keep them. Storage (and number of tapes available if they still use tapes) and a vague duration they think the footage needs to be kept for review purposes are the constraints rather than a legal requirement.

19 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

There is no such limit in law. It's down to the person or organisation who has the recordings as to how long they keep them. Storage (and number of tapes available if they still use tapes) and a vague duration they think the footage needs to be kept for review purposes are the constraints rather than a legal requirement.

Yes I agree , what I should have said is "there may be a time limit of 28-30 days to access the recordings as many organisations wipe them after this period, and sometimes before".

dont worry boris will have his thousands of police on sites all over england soon,but if his lot had not removed them we wouldnt be in this position,but theres always been thieves pickpockets for hundreds of years,picking on the old/disabled ect,but i hope the lady doesnt take it personal and continues to still go out and not become a prisoner in her own home and i hope the scum get caught and dealt with.

19 hours ago, bassett one said:

dont worry boris will have his thousands of police on sites all over england soon,but if his lot had not removed them we wouldnt be in this position,but theres always been thieves pickpockets for hundreds of years,picking on the old/disabled ect,but i hope the lady doesnt take it personal and continues to still go out and not become a prisoner in her own home and i hope the scum get caught and dealt with.

Thank you.  That is a kind message.

Sorry to hear about the theft, There is lots of CCTV within the store and also within the vicinity. The best advise would be report to the police and allow them to review cctv as unfortunately there is a lot of red tape which means only certain people can review CCTV. Radios are still used to communicate with most shops within this area but it just depends whether security see this as a option, Again you would think this would be the first thing they do however some or not as brainy as others.