Bbc's Dracula

Happened to catch episode one last night.

Good stuff, methinks.

"I'm undead, not unreasonable..."

Classic line, from the writers of Sherlock!

Well. Personally I felt episode 2 was best. Episode 3 was a bit poor.

Just now, Waldo said:

Well. Personally I felt episode 2 was best. Episode 3 was a bit poor.

Totally agree .

I enjoyed it overall tho.

I forgot to watch 2 and 3!

So much for being impressed!

I enjoyed all three, very well acted kept me engrossed, a bit weird though!

I've watched all 3 episodes this weekend on the iplayer. Ep 1& 2 great stuff but Ep 3 was total pants with a poor ending!!!

5 minutes ago, AMR67 said:

but Ep 3 was total pants with a poor ending!!!

Yeah.

It's a pity, because the idea of Dracula causing mayhem in modern day England is an interesting one. just the execution was dire. It was like GoT season 8 all over again! (or probably worse)

Edited by Waldo

I watched the first half hour of ep1 and found it a bit slow.  But after reading some post I will give it  another look at. :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, AMR67 said:

I've watched all 3 episodes this weekend on the iplayer. Ep 1& 2 great stuff but Ep 3 was total pants with a poor ending!!!

Agree but as he's not had a stake through the heart, struck down by a crucifix, douse in Holy Water & can't be killed by being out in daylight, there is surely a way to bring him back? 

Anyone spot the glaring error halfway through Ep 3? 

Dracula's given a blood sample & his lawyer turns up saying Dracula wants to be released at 20:11 precisely.  It's pointed out that this is sunset. 

Cut to later in the day.  The nurse is standings on the coast at Whitby about to drink a test-tube of Dracula's blood with the Sun SETTING in the North Sea. 

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Dracula's given a blood sample & his lawyer turns up saying Dracula wants to be released at 20:11 precisely.  It's pointed out that this is sunset. 

Cut to later in the day.  The nurse is standings on the coast at Whitby about to drink a test-tube of Dracula's blood with the Sun SETTING in the North Sea. 

Or simply...

"You want to be released? Really? Okay, no problem, I'll just open the curtains for you."

Edited by Waldo

If any of you are missing the vampire stuff, try tracking down "What We Do In The Shadows." 

Saw that both the original New Zealand film version & the Brit tv series version, set on Statten Island & starring the brilliant Matt Berry, were available in the BBC i-player. 

Mockumentary style, about the trials & tribulations that the undead face.  Very funny. 

Edited by Baron99