Any Charity Shops That Still Accepts Pro Vhs Tapes?

I have a few pro VHS tapes I don't need, but I don't know what to do with them. There are a few Avengers (60's series), tapes and Babe - can't remember what else.

99% of them wont accept anymore, old tech, people don't want them, most have no way to play them anymore - they just end up in backlog stock and eventually landfill..

Much better taking to a recycling center or e-waste center to recycle..

I would ALWAYS check through originals though, if there's any rare/sought after though first :)

Try Ebay first, as post 2 says, some may be rare

I've seen some videos on YouTube recently of ebay resellers picking up blank Videos and selling on Ebay for quite a profit

I'll just chuck them in the bin over the next few months. They're too heavy to go all at once!

Would imagine one of the charity shops will take them, even if they just get something for recycling them. I was once told one of the charity shops would take anything, if it was no good they would pass it on to another charity that was interested in the item, can't remember which one it was though.

Edited by iansheff

Charity shops haven't taken tapes for many years as far as I know.  I unwind mine and put them around the veg plot to scare the birds. The tape is strong and doesn't break off if you tie it safely to canes or posts in the ground.