Bicast Synthetic Leather Sofa

Purchased a suite some years ago thinking it was pure leather but it turns out its not. Started having problems with it and after searching the internet for a solution found out about Bicast. I'm wanting to know if anyone has had a suite made of this stuff and been able to find a polish/cleaner they can recommend.  The company has gone out of business some time back. Thanks for any info.Alan.  P.s. Happy New Year to you all.

Try looking on You Tube for ideas to mend it or go into Ponsfords and ask them ,they must have sold them in years gone bye?

Thanks for getting back to me, never thought about Youtube. Alan.

Most leather suites are made of the same stuff, the most common fault is cracks or splits. You can have the worn part reupholstered they are usually bolted together .Real hide leather suites are more expensive but last longer and are easy to maintain.

I was led to believe that this was real hide leather paid over £3,000 for it. Its been fine till the last 6months there is no cracks just looks dull and started to get sticky. Nothing really on youtube to help. Will have to try elsewhere.

Loads on google about it ....apparently it’s a leather with a bonded plastic on top ...

I had already searched the internet thats how I found out about Bicast, there was nothing that helped me sort my problem so I asked on here. Alan.

It’s many years ago but IIRC Decosol was used for cleaning leather car upholstery and consoles. It was a gel and very effective. There is a forum thread about it here. It would appear that it is no longer sold in gel form but is available as foam. Don’t know if it would be suitable for your suite.

Edited by Jomie

Hello Jomie,

Thanks for getting back to  me, I'm sure if I could buy the same it would solve my problem. Will keep looking to see if I can find anything that would do the same. It sound like it was a very good product. Alan.

Edited by alan p

Hello Janus, I think I will send for this product it does look like it will work. Thanks for going to the trouble. Alan.