Accents In Film And Tv.

How is it the Americans come across  sounding and act naturally on film and tv but the English and Austrailians sound terrible and  the acting is forced.  Plus English actors acting in roles in America,  eg,  the lancashire woman in Frazier sounds weird.  :huh:

The actor who played Mr Crane - the father,  was originally from Oldham, it might have influenced them to use Jane Leeves (Daphne Moon) in the series.  

I've not noticed the Australian actors' accents,  I stopped watching Neighbours and Home and Away in the 1990s.

Not keen on dramas, either - would rather watch quiz shows and antique programmes.

What are your favourite programmes?

I thought Daphne comes across pretty good in Frazier 🤔.

Different accents only add to the entertainment in my opinion and in comedies a requirement?.

23 minutes ago, cressida said:

The actor who played Mr Crane - the father,  was originally from Oldham, it might have influenced them to use Jane Leeves (Daphne Moon) in the series.  

I've not noticed the Australian actors' accents,  I stopped watching Neighbours and Home and Away in the 1990s.

Not keen on dramas, either - would rather watch quiz shows and antique programmes.

What are your favourite programmes?

Actress Jane Leeves (Frazier) was born in Sussex, so must have had to work on the Lancashire accent.

On 01/01/2020 at 14:16, MAK said:

I thought Daphne comes across pretty good in Frazier 🤔.

Different accents only add to the entertainment in my opinion and in comedies a requirement?.

Sean Bean and Jodie Whitiker sound shocking on  screen.  Probably because they are crap actors, Michael Palin,  Patrick Stewart sound fine so did the old  sixties Coronation Street cast,  Pat Phoneix and Violet Carson ect, probably the difference is,  they are superior actors compared with the first two idiots I mentioned which I think have slipped through acting worlds net.  :roll: