Owls Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, kidley said:

gone quite on here , wickham is a long time coming?

Hold up over wage demands allegedly.

in the real world if you have belief in a player,you pay up and get on with it or move on to another player,and do we need movement after saturdays mess.

Josh windass linked. Supposed to be in talks about a deal. They want 500k for him, we want a loan. They want Rhodes though so surely some kind of deal could be worked out. Don't know what he's like but can't be any worse than we have surely

not great at this level,hence the fee,but rhodes is fine when used properly ,but we dont play his way,bet he goes elsewhere and scores loads,did very well at norwich

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Josh windass linked. Supposed to be in talks about a deal. They want 500k for him, we want a loan. They want Rhodes though so surely some kind of deal could be worked out. Don't know what he's like but can't be any worse than we have surely

Saw him play very well at Hillsborough for Rangers in a pre-season friendly a couple of years ago. Doesn't seem to have kicked on though

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

not great at this level,hence the fee,but rhodes is fine when used properly ,but we dont play his way,bet he goes elsewhere and scores loads,did very well at norwich

Rhodes is awful, he's finished as a striker at this level.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

He did ok at Norwich, wasn't even close to being prolific for them either. Rhodes is done, I'll be very surprised if he regains his previous form at this level with anyone. He's had enough chances to prove he can cut it.

Windass seemed to do ok when I've seen him, think I'd rather him come on loan though

23 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

He did ok at Norwich, wasn't even close to being prolific for them either. Rhodes is done, I'll be very surprised if he regains his previous form at this level with anyone. He's had enough chances to prove he can cut it.

Windass seemed to do ok when I've seen him, think I'd rather him come on loan though

I think he got 9 goals for Norwich but three were against lowly Chesterfield, he tended to be used as a very late sub for them.

Is it any wonder clubs struggle to sign players other than the youngsters from the PL on loan due to their wages. Just read the paragraph below on Sky Transfer centre.

The Deadline Day deal for Jarrod Bowen to join West Ham has stalled – over personal terms.

The Hull City attacking midfielder has been offered a 5 and a half year deal – with a £20m fee agreed between the clubs.

Bowen had been asking for around £60k-a-week.

His medical is continuing and there’s still a hope that a deal on wages can be agreed.

Not a proven player outside of the Championship yet he wants £60,000 a week, will probably get near enough that at the end of the day.

Edited by iansheff

48 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Is it any wonder clubs struggle to sign players other than the youngsters from the PL on loan due to their wages. Just read the paragraph below on Sky Transfer centre.

The Deadline Day deal for Jarrod Bowen to join West Ham has stalled – over personal terms.

The Hull City attacking midfielder has been offered a 5 and a half year deal – with a £20m fee agreed between the clubs.

Bowen had been asking for around £60k-a-week.

His medical is continuing and there’s still a hope that a deal on wages can be agreed.

Not a proven player outside of the Championship yet he wants £60,000 a week, will probably get near enough that at the end of the day.

This is exactly the reason why the game is dying for many fans, Bowen has had two half decent seasons at a mid table Championship club, £20m for that calibre of player is ludicrous.