Owls Transfer Rumours

10 hours ago, owl.66 said:

In Connor Wicham done deal.

Now Windas in done deal.

Reminds me of the days where we'd wait the entire month for a much needed goal scorer and then sign Jonathan Forte on deadline day, with a side of Craig Beattie. 😂

Edited by Moistened

2 hours ago, Moistened said:

Reminds me of the days where we'd wait the entire month for a much needed goal scorer and then sign Jonathan Forte on deadline day, with a side of Craig Beattie. 😂

Windass not sure. Don't think you could class Wickam as anything other than a decent signing. If he'd been injury free he wouldn't be signing for Wednesday

monk said he was upset by several players,yet not loaned or sold any?,seems strange or are the ones hes talking about refusing to go as they get top wages at hillsbrough and cannot get better?also how long is left on rhodes deal,if more than a year take it he will go to norwich if they come down.

Edited by bassett one

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

monk said he was upset by several players,yet not loaned or sold any?,seems strange or are the ones hes talking about refusing to go as they get top wages at hillsbrough and cannot get better?also how long is left on rhodes deal,if more than a year take it he will go to norwich if they come down.

Depends what fees the club are holding it for. 

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

I thought Rhodes was out of contract this summer but I read yesterday it is 2021 when his contract ends.

• ALAN 58
  • Members
  •  
  • 2,991 posts
  • Joined Feb 2008
  1 hour ago, redbig said:

Agreed, surely this is a Chansiri signing. 

Don't agree with your point on Dawson, good young goalkeeper, one of our own, and the potential to be our number one for years. And it's not like we're giving Rhodes a 4 year contract on 35k a week, he'll not be on huge wages

I don,t have a problem with a player staying with a club for ten years maybe.  The problem is  when they have a contract they have nothing to work for, they know they are on easy street , that,s when problems can start .  I  personally would  only offer two years contracts with a  bonus plus a revue. Then both sides could make a decision. Its one of the reasons why we are in the mess we are. you just cannot get rid of them and rightly so. I very much understand your point of view though..

The point i am making in the above post.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

I thought Rhodes was out of contract this summer but I read yesterday it is 2021 when his contract ends.

So did I. I hope your wrong

On 01/02/2020 at 14:58, NERVY-OWL said:

So did I. I hope your wrong

In the link below it says:   Rhodes’ future is up in the air as his £40,000-a-week contract at Hillsborough expires in the summer.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-efl-goal-machine-keen-on-celtic-move/