Owls Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Not sure he was given a chance last time but not for me either.

Fletcher linked with an 8 million move to west brom. If the figure is correct then might be worth considering

You should join the queue to drive Fletcher to WBA if this is true,!

2 minutes ago, pintor said:

How he came off the field on a stretcher for fletcher ,Im not really a poet ,but I think he might even be out for a while.?

6 hours ago, pintor said:

Depends how much of the fee would be performance related rather than up front I guess. Can't see it being true with him being out of contract at the end of season anyway

plus the way he was carried off in the brighton game could be his last swfc game,of which is very sad,so we need to look for a top or 2 top strlkers from abroad on loan or see what liverpool or chelsea or man utd have spare.

I don,t think much is going to happen in this transfer window so lets look  towards end of season and who we can let go. We have twelve players out of contract, Rhodes , Fletcher, Hutchinson, Forestieri,  Bates , Pelupessy , Winnall, Fox, Lee, Nuhiu,  Dawson and Baker . Out of them  in my opinion  there is only Dawson who i would be trying to keep, the rest for whatever reason could go,   I think we have a decent manager who  now knows what his players are capable of  or is prepared to put a shift in.  I,m sure  there is better out there who would love to pull on a blue and white striped shirt on,  and for less money. I don,t blame players for getting the best they can but somewhere along the line our chairman has been badly advised. I hold my hand up and say yes i did want Rhodes at the club, but he just has not performed to the levels that we expected. Forestieri   would have gone the day he refused to get on that coach, no matter how good a player he was, but has not shown it since.  Hutchinson, Lee, Fletcher, Winnall,  would have to take substantial drops in wages to get new contracts .  The rest have just not done enough.  Who will come in is anyone,s guess , and who knows whats  going to happen between  now and the end of the season , we may need to be bringing in  PL players you never know, it,s a funny old game. 

2 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

I don,t think much is going to happen in this transfer window so lets look  towards end of season and who we can let go. We have twelve players out of contract, Rhodes , Fletcher, Hutchinson, Forestieri,  Bates , Pelupessy , Winnall, Fox, Lee, Nuhiu,  Dawson and Baker . Out of them  in my opinion  there is only Dawson who i would be trying to keep, the rest for whatever reason could go,   I think we have a decent manager who  now knows what his players are capable of  or is prepared to put a shift in.  I,m sure  there is better out there who would love to pull on a blue and white striped shirt on,  and for less money. I don,t blame players for getting the best they can but somewhere along the line our chairman has been badly advised. I hold my hand up and say yes i did want Rhodes at the club, but he just has not performed to the levels that we expected. Forestieri   would have gone the day he refused to get on that coach, no matter how good a player he was, but has not shown it since.  Hutchinson, Lee, Fletcher, Winnall,  would have to take substantial drops in wages to get new contracts .  The rest have just not done enough.  Who will come in is anyone,s guess , and who knows whats  going to happen between  now and the end of the season , we may need to be bringing in  PL players you never know, it,s a funny old game. 

Good post Alan. I agree with just about everything in it, especially about the advice Chansiri has had and we still don't know who is supplying it. He admits he knows nowt about football but someone, somewhere along the line has advised him who his advisors should be and got it badly wrong especially after Carlos had shot his bolt. In my opinion he should have retained Howard Wilkinson for that particular job. It pains me to say it but the Blades, after a long line of turkeys, have proven that when you find the right man, megabucks are not necessary. I'm not sure Garry Monk is that man but we will have to see.

3 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Agree with all that, probably try to keep Fletcher if he agrees to lower his wages drastically and Hutchinson, rest can go for me other than Dawson

Rumours Fletcher could be out for the season doing the rounds, a striker will be a must in January if thats the case.

we let jao go to reading,so theres that cash,plus other teams are getting players,fulham have signed a top forward from wolves,swansea have signed a top player,scot sinclairs signed by preston,plus out of intrest how much have leeds spent as they are a good team?we need a sort out for long term,some say changing managers if they fail short term is bad,but look at leeds.

49 minutes ago, bassett one said:

we let jao go to reading,so theres that cash,plus other teams are getting players,fulham have signed a top forward from wolves,swansea have signed a top player,scot sinclairs signed by preston,plus out of intrest how much have leeds spent as they are a good team?we need a sort out for long term,some say changing managers if they fail short term is bad,but look at leeds.

Unfortunately with the EFL charge hanging over us we are not really an attractive proposition for players.

Moses Odubajo has been told by Sheffield Wednesday he is free to leave the club this month, The Star can exclusively reveal.

15 hours ago, iansheff said:

Moses Odubajo has been told by Sheffield Wednesday he is free to leave the club this month, The Star can exclusively reveal.

Not really performed as expected sadly, he looks like he's lost pace and taken to lunging in and making costly errors, been responsible for at least 3 penalties this season.