Sheffield Libraries Christmas hours

Did a quick search online this morning as I have books to return, and saw that Hillsborough Library is open til 5pm.   Wrong. Walked down and there's a notice on the door saying it's closed til Friday 3rd Jan.  When I type in 'Sheffield Libraries' there's clear information about each one on the front page, saying they are open today.   Its wrong, but I imagine others may see the same.   The correct info may be somewhere on SCC website, but they set up the library pages so shouldnt they make sure that they are updated?

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Sp

I found the google listing said 5.30 but the libraries website clearly states its closed.

I have had this before when third parties(google) post information.

But yes you would imagine someone would ensure the correct  inforamtions is publicised.

You're quite right Willman.  I've looked via SCC website now,  (my Ipad wouldn't link when I was looking earlier, I'm now using a desktop).  Just thought that others might make the same mistake as me, and see the front page only as in this link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sheffield+libraries&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB786GB786&oq=sheffield+libraries&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5j69i60l2.6087j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Just now, Ms Macbeth said:

You're quite right Willman.  I've looked via SCC website now,  (my Ipad wouldn't link when I was looking, I'm on the desktop).  Just thought that others might make the same mistake as me, and see the front page only. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=sheffield+libraries&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB786GB786&oq=sheffield+libraries&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5j69i60l2.6087j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That's just Google, how is that the responsibility of SCC? On the SCC website the Christmas hours are clear as day.

17 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

That's just Google, how is that the responsibility of SCC? On the SCC website the Christmas hours are clear as day.

You quoted my second post where I accepted that the info on the SCC website. Still helpful IMO to mention that when 'Sheffield Libraries' is searched the top hit is the one I linked to. Especially if others are using similar devices to me - the individual library pages on the council website wouldn't load on my iPad.  I'm not a technical expert, I assumed that all the info on the link was current.  

My excellent library at Stannington has been giving book marks out for long enough giving the Christmas and New Year library opening times. As the library is staffed by volunteer workers, and I must say, with the same standard of service as libraries have always provided in the 70 years that I have been using them, since the days when my father took my sister and myself to Firth Park Library every Saturday afternoon, I am just grateful that these people are enabling me to continue to use what I consider a vital part of life.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:00, Ms Macbeth said:

Did a quick search online this morning as I have books to return, and saw that Hillsborough Library is open til 5pm.   Wrong. Walked down and there's a notice on the door saying it's closed til Friday 3rd Jan.  When I type in 'Sheffield Libraries' there's clear information about each one on the front page, saying they are open today.   Its wrong, but I imagine others may see the same.   The correct info may be somewhere on SCC website, but they set up the library pages so shouldnt they make sure that they are updated?

I got caught out going to Stocksbridge Library on New years Eve.

The Google search engine brought up Sheffield Library's Facebook page. First, and rather annoyingly, because I'm not on Facebook and don't want to be, a quarter of the screen was taken up with a window trying to persuade me to join Facebook, I could not get rid of it....

But when I did find the info it said "Tuesday 31 - Normal hours, but all libraries and service points close at 4pm." (NOTE, that's Libraries, as in not just the central library is open till 4pm).

So we drove all the way out there and it was closed.

I then looked closely at the full text on that page and on the next line it said "Local libraries and mobile service closed". TBH I didn`t see that the first time but in any case it appears to be contradictory when the line before said Libraries are open till 4.00PM.

All in all a poor do.

Edited by Justin Smith