Sheffield Wednesday V Hull City

another home game thats win able,but will the tiredness step in or not?

29 minutes ago, bassett one said:

another home game thats win able,but will the tiredness step in or not?

Don't get it this tiredness job ,let em try climbing the Alps  and other mountain  ranges  on a bike eight hours a day for three weeks in 40 degrees  or freezing weather with only two rest days  in-between   or even carrying the hod to a couple of bricklayers on bonus for five days a week then they would really know what it is to truly knackered .

Hi all

Rogets here, university educated and 30 years experience in football

I'm predicting that Wednesday will bounce back and beat Hull 3-1

Edited by rogets

4 hours ago, TomMix said:

Don't get it this tiredness job ,let em try climbing the Alps  and other mountain  ranges  on a bike eight hours a day for three weeks in 40 degrees  or freezing weather with only two rest days  in-between   or even carrying the hod to a couple of bricklayers on bonus for five days a week then they would really know what it is to truly knackered .

Completely agree, not buying it either. They should be able to cope with it these days.

Not confident with this one though, need Fletcher back asap but not sure just him being in the team would be enough

12 hours ago, cmonkes said:

I've always found it a bit bizarre. 

Anyone who has ever played Sunday League Football, will be able to relate to the end of season catch up games. All of those games that were missed due to waterlogged pitches, suddenly have to be played. Before you know it, you've got Bradway on a Sunday, Crookes Punchbowl on a Tuesday and Colley Club on a Thursday.....all in the same week, 

This isn't the same I hear you say? You can't compare The Meadowhall Sunday League with professional football......To an extent you are correct. But we managed it and we were far from the conditioned athletes that these guys are.  Let's not forget that professional teams have bulkier squads of decent players also. 

Spot on, plus we also did a 40 hour week (at least) at work in between the matches lol. 

but has anyone studied swfc over the last 2/3 years ,if so i would be intrested if my logic is true ,that we always are tired the 2nd game in a week,i hope we beat hull though we need a win

Lot of negativity around Wednesday at the moment. We're 6th, and doing well with what we have. Missing that cutting edge especially when Fletcher is out but that's where we are, replacing him costs money that we don't have 

14 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Completely agree, not buying it either. They should be able to cope with it these days.

Not confident with this one though, need Fletcher back asap but not sure just him being in the team would be enough

Yes I don't know how todays footballers would get on if they had to cope with the challenges and tackles that were flying around 40 years ago, I think some of them would be shouting for mummy the way they go down and roll about on the floor after the slightest touch.

we could off load a few players and buy a top forward,but we tried that with rhodes and it didnt work,i suggest we buy young players,what do you think?

At one time over Easter teams played three games on

(perm any 3 from 4)

Good Friday

Saturday

Easter Monday

Tuesday

(and with smaller squads and muddy pitches).

1 hour ago, Hopman said:

At one time over Easter teams played three games on

(perm any 3 from 4)

Good Friday

Saturday

Easter Monday

Tuesday

(and with smaller squads and muddy pitches).

One perm would be Good Friday (afternoon), Easter Monday (afternoon) and Tuesday (evening)  (some home, some away) and that would be when Bob Lord, Alan Hardacre and their Football League pals were running the show. Made me think, did the Owls or the Blades ever play a Good Friday game at home back then ? (obviously not against each other).

On 30/12/2019 at 20:51, rogets said:

Hi all

Rogets here, university educated and 30 years experience in football

I'm predicting that Wednesday will bounce back and beat Hull 3-1

Ah that explains it. I always thought you sounded intelligent