The Trial Of Christine Keeler.

I was looking forward to this but was so disappointed.  The actors mumbled their words( especially the women) and the plot kept going back two years then another two years while the present story was being told. Very confusing.

I saw something recently about the bad audio on films, I think it was an item on the BBC1 news, I have seen this on several films myself,  having to mess about with the volume on the remote, really annoying.  :roll:

mmmm… sorry to hear that, we record and watch later, and not seen it yet, thought it would be good, but look at Cats review 2.7/10 from IMBD? who'd have thought that too?

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

I saw something recently about the bad audio on films, I think it was an item on the BBC1 news, I have seen this on several films myself,  having to mess about with the volume on the remote, really annoying.  :roll:

The constant whispering, poor diction and mumbling is dreadful, spoilt the recent Scrooge serial. Same with all these blockbuster films, Harry Potter etc, I switch them off when it starts. Watch any of the older films/serials (eg Columbo) and the speech is clear as a bell.

8 minutes ago, carosio said:

The constant whispering, poor diction and mumbling is dreadful, spoilt the recent Scrooge serial. Same with all these blockbuster films, Harry Potter etc, I switch them off when it starts. Watch any of the older films/serials (eg Columbo) and the speech is clear as a bell.

Yes, I’ve  found this with other tv programmes. The Christine Keeler programme was so poor in diction that I switched over to the programme about Torville & Dean , which I have already seen, but the diction was superb.

The second part was a little better tonight . You could hear what they were saying.

The audio on most things is poor now, some due to poor speakers on modern televisions,  imo. The background music is one of the most annoying things, even on the radio  they even put background music on when they read the travel  report, information that is important to people going to work etc, makes me wonder why the person reading the weather doesn't shout out,"shut that b....y music off!"

9 hours ago, pattricia said:

The second part was a little better tonight . You could hear what they were saying.

I was disappointed with the first part, didn’t know whether to watch the second episode which I have recorded, but I might give it another go if you say it was a little better.

14 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I was disappointed with the first part, didn’t know whether to watch the second episode which I have recorded, but I might give it another go if you say it was a little better.

Yes, it was better than the first episode. Shall watch further episodes as it gets deeper into the story.

22 hours ago, despritdan said:

The 1989 film, 'Scandal' is excellent.

Yes, much better than this latest one.

Strung out too long.  Should have just made it a 90 minute single programme.