Need Help Booking Ski Holiday First Time

Can anyone advise on how do i start on booking a holiday to a france ski resort possibly during the xmas holidays? Ive never booked a holiday before so i dont know where to start, who to book flights with then hotels and which resort is best for average price? Any help would be appreciated!

16 minutes ago, sarah_12 said:

Can anyone advise on how do i start on booking a holiday to a france ski resort possibly during the xmas holidays? Ive never booked a holiday before so i dont know where to start, who to book flights with then hotels and which resort is best for average price? Any help would be appreciated!

Google 'cheap skiing holidays', there are dozens of providers, and a package deal will be easiest if you haven't booked before.

Edited by Bargepole23

You can book through a travel agent, though I wouldn't recommend it if you are on a budget. Sometimes you can find a deal often it's a lot more expensive.

I've done Alpe d'Huez, booking my own accommodation direct, then taking my own gear in the car. Bought the lift pass in resort. 

The things you need to think about about are 

1. What resort do you want to go to - cost, family friendly, night life, good ski school, easy runs, hard runs etc?

2. How will you get there - flights and transfers or drive.

3. Do you need to hire equipment?

4. Do you need a ski school?

5. How much is the lift pass?

Quite honestly I wouldn't ski in France by choice. The resorts and skiing aren't that great value. Lots of people go just to be seen there. In Europe I'd go to Austria, Italy, Bulgaria or Andorra.  The cheapest way I've found is flights to Thessoloniki and bus transfer to Bansko.

Alternatively if you have the money to spend on Val d'Isere you'll likely find much better value resorts and higher quality skiing spending a week in North America.

Ski magazines and websites often have advice for resort choice. Most resorts have their own tourist websites which list accommodation, ski schools, equipment hire, lift passes etc.

Edited by biotechpete
Added info

Guest makapaka

In to st Pancras 

on to gare du nord.

night train to the three valleys.

Thankyou so much for the replies 

Biotechpete yeh someone else recommended Austria too so will look into that also.