The Costa Del Sol Pool Tragedy.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

They wouldn’t have known the true cause of death until a full post mortem has been carried out

It is likely they drowned. The unanswered question is why.

I think looking behind the P M is what is needed. Something to do with the pool.

Edited by Janus

12 minutes ago, Janus said:

It is likely they drowned. The unanswered question is why.

I think looking behind the P M is what is needed. Something to do with the pool.

I agree.

Have they done PMs? They can be done quite quickly. I had read that they died from drowning but you can never tell fact from fiction when reading about incidents. 

I have read today that none of the kids could swim well enough to swim out of their depth and the father wasn't really a swimmer either . The article also states that the floor of the pool sloped to the middle and the surviving girl said she slipped towards the deeper centre but wasn't as far in as the others so managed to get out.  Does this mean the floor was dirty and slippy, very steep, was there strong suction from the pump or a combination of these things?  

Having had experience of Spanish health and safety would not surprise me one bit if there was a cover up here.I mean the hotel said after a matter of days a full and extensive enquiry had found no problems with the pool, really? can they have checked everything got statements and reached a conclusion that quickly? If you look up one of the water slide theme parks in Benidorm earlier this year there was a horrendous accident which the park just basically said it was the victim’s fault for not following instructions.I have visited that park and was shocked at how little instruction was given you basically relied on pictures on the wall and a quick brief from the teenager operating the slide and there have been numerous incidents of people getting injured.I consider myself quite adventurous and like the adrenaline stuff but would not visit there again.

On 28/12/2019 at 22:16, hauxwell said:

I’m sure I read that they were being pulled into the middle of the pool.  Long time since I have been in a swimming pool but I can remember suction pumps to remove bacteria.  Could these pumps be faulty, causing them to be pulled under the water.   

There doesn’t seem to be many witnesses so I presume they were the only ones using the pool at the time.   

I think something similar but wouldn't a faulty pump pull less that a perfect one? What sort of fault could make it suck harder? Maybe  if it had 2 inlets and the fault was that the second one was blocked so the first sucks harder?

Edited by woolyhead